my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started out well, gearbox came out nice and easy

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

here you can see the bellhousing size differences..

IMG_0092.jpg

patrol spacer infront of nav box

IMG_0095.jpg

tried putting the patrol transfer behind the nav box

IMG_0109.jpg

but that didnt work either...

so we gave up on the box and started on the ifs

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

all those mounts are now off.. just need to take off the extra bit of plate.

so we gave up on the box and started on the ifs

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

all those mounts are now off.. just need to take off the extra bit of plate.

A.J tried to get my diffs apart as he wants the ratios..

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

Josh.
were the splines the same size and fit on the patrol -tcase to the navara box?

also cant you just swap the bell housings over between boxes?

cheers mark.

Input shafts on the G'box look the same, maybe an adaptor plate.

Are the patrols flywheel and clutch assembly a larger diameter?

looks like your smashin through it, Good luck!

Yeah there the same, my clutch went on. Im assuming from looking at the positioning of the starter that the patrol has larger flywheel atleast. So id prefer to use the bigger one..

Josh.
were the splines the same size and fit on the patrol -tcase to the navara box?

also cant you just swap the bell housings over between boxes?

cheers mark.

Transfer case splines were the same, and bolt patterns looked identical, but the outputs are slightly offset so they wont bolt up if you know what i mean.
Navara bellhousing goes all the way into the box itself. patrol bellhousing is a seperate piece at the front. At worst i get an adapter made, at best i get the patrol one to fit so i can use the larger clutch/flywheel/starter.

Yeah there the same, my clutch went on. Im assuming from looking at the positioning of the starter that the patrol has larger flywheel atleast. So id prefer to use the bigger one..

Transfer case splines were the same, and bolt patterns looked identical, but the outputs are slightly offset so they wont bolt up if you know what i mean.
Navara bellhousing goes all the way into the box itself. patrol bellhousing is a seperate piece at the front. At worst i get an adapter made, at best i get the patrol one to fit so i can use the larger clutch/flywheel/starter.

Too easy, do not use the patrol flywheel, they are duel mass... as for my part of the question, i get exactly what you mean, it is easy to make a thin adapter for mating the case on the right clock to the navara gearbox..

cheers mark.

if i go that path i will get the kit to eliminate the dual mass flywheel. yeah it would be fairly straight forward to make up a 6mm adapter or something, the splines should still have more then enough grab, but im wary about using the nav box. ive never heard of any problems with them.....but if someone punishes there nav like i do please point me in there direction:wink: i dont want to bust the nav gear box and then have to go back and make the troll one fit. And a larger clutch will probably help with the larger tyres. (if they run a larger clutch and not just a larger flywheel)??

flywheel off...man those bolts were tight...
IMG_0115.jpg

patrol spacer lined up where the top two holes would go..
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

not much room to take the photo and hold the spacer....as you can see those lower holes on the navara side are just on a bracket...which im assuming would just swap between patrol/navara.. Next problem is the two outside bolts that are just above the sump...how to move these out to suit the patrol gearbox, custom brackets maybe?

Theres a blown zd30 for sale on ebay for $250...but naturally its not in NSW.

nah not atm really been busy. do some more tonight, looks like i atleast need the sump off the patrol motor.

almost all the ifs is gone...just waitin on flapper wheels so i can clean it all up. Front and rear diffs are ready for lockers.

ah so supposedly every year model patrol sump is different....according to the bloke at nissan parts....i find that very hard to believe.... managed to find one wrecker with a sump so i gota pull mine off and take it to see if they match up at all. If anyone knows of any wrecked zd30 patrols preferably in sydnye can they send me a pm.

Love the way your not worried about tackling such a big job an a late model vehicle. Cant wait to see it all complete.

cheers mate... i bought it for one reason (and with the intention of not sellin it) ...and that was wheelin.

So i just do what i have to.

dude just hurry up and finish it, lol

cause once you finish i heard id like a coil conversion on the rear of mine lol

haha its hard when you run out of money. Might start making some bar work to help fund this along.

Back