my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty easy man. Send zordo a pm, hes got the kits n stuff. my tray lift was free, aluminium from tafe and bolts from work

Joshy, if i came back in the next life as car....(for some reason)??? I certainly hope you dont buy me. I have never had mechanical sympathy for any of my past V8's, but fucking hell, you have lost the fucken plot. Love it

haha ill take that as a compliment mate?, Cheers.

Broke another cv up at the springs 4x4 park. Changed that in a record 20mins, did a couple more tracks and broke the transfer chain. Chain took out everything else in that half of the transfer. after a few beers we decided it wasnt safe to drive the 1000ks home like that so we pulled the transfer apart and got the chain and all the broken bits out. 6 hours later it was good to go again albiet a 2 wheel drive.

haha ill take that as a compliment mate?, Cheers.

Broke another cv up at the springs 4x4 park. Changed that in a record 20mins, did a couple more tracks and broke the transfer chain. Chain took out everything else in that half of the transfer. after a few beers we decided it wasnt safe to drive the 1000ks home like that so we pulled the transfer apart and got the chain and all the broken bits out. 6 hours later it was good to go again albiet a 2 wheel drive.

Haha, my point exactly. Well done

Spoke to the engineer today, everything i want to do sounds sweet and shouldnt have a problem getting it passed.( provided everything is done right obviously) i had been a bit worried about the airbag issue but its allgood.

didnt get as much as id like done today....instructions for the reductions gears are shocking to say the least.
the patrol transfer chain
IMG_0038.jpg

The broken navara chain
IMG_0039.jpg

Some other broken bits that came out of the transfer.
IMG_0040.jpg

Size difference between standard gearing and reduction gears.
IMG_0041.jpg

oh and some pics from coffs harbour...vids are better but too big to upload.
12.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

very cool buildup. do you realize though how much wider gu diffs are compared to the nav diffs? i cant believe you found a gu box and tcase, i have been looking and hunting for ages for these..

cheers mark

Thanks mate. My wheel track is already as wide as a GU's, so it wont be much more wider then it is now, just have to decided on what amount of rim offset. Patrol docta on patrol4x4 has a gbox for sale, i got mine from a wreckers. ezrail on outerlimits has a heap of transfer cases. or did. i might have a spare tcase if your after one as the gbox also came with one.

Wow Josh. You don't mess around. Must be pretty handy with a spanner. Bet you enjoy it out on the trails. Thanks for taking the trouble during your workshopping to take and load the pix. Brian (RockyOne)

Thanks guys. yeah im a fitter so im alright with a spanner, still plenty of stuff im learning along the way tho.

pulled a few bits off tonight. Anyone want an IFS swap kit?

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Sump sticks out heaps...can any patrol zd30 owners tell me if there sump hangs down at the back aswell...might be worth swapping.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

pulled all the interior out...plenty of room around the shifters..hopefully its enough.

IMG_0084.jpg

Some more dodgy nissan handywork...the holes for the factory sliders in the cab are more then 4 times too big and most not even round

IMG_0083.jpg

they also broke the front diff breather off and plenty of bolts not tightend/wrong etc...

ah and check your factory fitted snorkels....hose clamps wernt tight and no silicon on the joins...

Ah, every car i have worked on is pretty much the same.
Doesn't matter what make but if its the cheapest option, then thats what they do. :(

At least DIY'ing you can do it right the 1st time so u'll have no worries in the future. :)

Thats the hope...guna plug up all the holes in the floor with the mig for starters

Back