my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone keen to have a punt as to how many cutting & grinding discs joshy has used?

i bet it'd only be surpassed by amount of beer consumed?

anyone keen to have a punt as to how many cutting & grinding discs joshy has used?

i bet it'd only be surpassed by amount of beer consumed?

Finished off all the flap discs id bought on the weekend....all 60 of them. bout 80 cutting wheels, looks to be 15ish left. only used 6 grinding wheels and they were all last weekend. 1 bottle of mig gas, 1 bottle of oxygen, 1 bottle of accetelene.

Too many cases of beer to count :big_smile:

Finished off all the flap discs id bought on the weekend....all 60 of them. bout 80 cutting wheels, looks to be 15ish left. only used 6 grinding wheels and they were all last weekend. 1 bottle of mig gas, 1 bottle of oxygen, 1 bottle of accetelene.

Too many cases of beer to count :big_smile:

You're a rough lot then! :happy_smile:

Nice link Jason.
It does highlight something that crossed my mind when reading about joshy's build, and thats welding to the chasis. I hope he's not just blasting away with some old GP rods that have been layin around in the shed for years! (or worse still, a flux core mig)!! I would have thought some low carbon rods would be the minimum requirement and theres probably a "proper" procedure i.e. way of laying the welds? Any boilermakers out there got an opinion?
In saying that, I'm sure he's takin all precautions in checking with his engineer.......
Do you think we should mention it to him?????

Food for thought Joshy.....
taken from http://www.navara.asia/links/2228-how-build-rock-sliders.html#post22986

Last edited:
Its good to see that not only have you tackled an enourmous project on your own in what looks like your own backyard but also have the balls to know your work is that good that your getting an engineer out to give you a report.

Respect mate, well done. I know people who dont bother with engineers on the small mods, such as an engine conversion.

Yeah shes a good chick,
Thanks solid im hoping to hear positive things from the engineer but this is my first build so who knows.

Feels like its been a while since i updated. Been going flat out on it the last couple of days.

First the chassis lost 10"s

P1080013.jpg

More will be coming off later.

Then we lockerd up the front diff

P1150018.jpg

Lower arm link mounts.

P1160022.jpg

Will have a support arm into the chassis.

While that was cooling off i noticed some rust...

P1170040.jpg

Cant have rust in a 3 year old car..

P1170032.jpg

P1170039.jpg

P1170042.jpg

Just have to plate that up now.

Back