my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolled it outside to flex the rear..

P1170049.jpg

P1170048.jpg

P1170047.jpg

Coilover fouled hard on the rail....I knew they would get in the way..

Cut the lower mounts off and moved them in a bit further. Then ratchet straped the drivers side of the diff to the chassis and lifted up the chassis.

P1180052.jpg

And now the tyres hits the chassis...nothing spacers wont fix...

P1180053.jpg

Thats without the front extending at all. Should be pretty good when both ends work together.

P1180056.jpg

But im not convinced flexing it like this means the coilover wont scrub the rail so tomorrow ill roll it back out and lift the front end and see what it does.

Wouldn't a bit of sandpaper and paint have fixed that rust??? :no:

I thought you weren't a stickers guy?

Looks real awesome joshy.

I reckon we'd all benefit from a CAD model of the D22/D21 chassis... but CBF.

Funny how it wets itself when you pick up the back end... it really is an animal

Wouldn't a bit of sandpaper and paint have fixed that rust??? :no:

I thought you weren't a stickers guy?

Looks real awesome joshy.

I reckon we'd all benefit from a CAD model of the D22/D21 chassis... but CBF.

Funny how it wets itself when you pick up the back end... it really is an animal

It might have but that quarter was in the way of my tyre :big_smile:
Im not a stickers guy, the suspects one is coming off once i get round to it.
And yeah it likes to lift a leg n let it out.

Cant have rust in a 3 year old car..

P1170032.jpg

P1170039.jpg

P1170042.jpg

Just have to plate that up now.

Joshy is there anything obtrusive in doing that, i was always worried when i fit bigger tyres that that shitty corner would get in the way. If you weld in a flat plate all should be good yeah? Doors should still work as normal?

bit of a structural plate in there ill have to patch up but nothin major.

added some bumpstops. Chassis now doesnt hit the coilovers :cool: tyre still hits the chassis but nothing the right rims wont fix but stopped us from getting the full travel out. still 6" or so left in it.

P1190059.jpg

P1190058.jpg

Jeez Josh you dont mess around do you, haven't been on here for a week and a half and the rear is finished.

Looks awesome.

Dave.

Cheers dave. rear was so easy compared to the front. me and aj knocked it over in 2 days. engineer is coming over tomorrow. then building the rear high pinion diff, finish welding the rear up and start the wiring to get this handgrenade ticking again

I seen Simo diff the high pinion diff on Toyotamonthly, anyy idea on strength ?

Diff you ever consider a H260 for the rear ?

Dave.

Ok so have the video rolling on the Engineers face when you throw open the garage door!
I bet he sucks wind through a cats arse ( well thats the best explanation I have for how he will purse his lips and go " oooooohhhhhssshhh Gee Willikers Batman!")

I seen Simo diff the high pinion diff on Toyotamonthly, anyy idea on strength ?

Diff you ever consider a H260 for the rear ?

Dave.

That gq in the pics has a high pinion and he thrashes his truck. no dramas yet. Winch challenge trucks run them aswell so should be right.
Not really, i didnt want to have to shave it to gain more clearance, i think the h233 will be plenty strong. I plan on going to rockwells in the not to distant future hopefully.

Ok so have the video rolling on the Engineers face when you throw open the garage door!
I bet he sucks wind through a cats arse ( well thats the best explanation I have for how he will purse his lips and go " oooooohhhhhssshhh Gee Willikers Batman!")

yeah its guna be interesting. Although it wont look nearly as mean when its on 33/35s. Just need to run through with him the plan n stuff. Im most concerned about the airbag. A different engineer tho said i could get it done with the airbag removed.

I dare say since the diffs have been swapped over to Patrol items there is a good possibility of getting it engineered.

I have seen a few Patrols engineered on 35's.

Cheers for the info Josh.

Dave.

Back