my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess he'll sacrifice everything on the patrol tow rig if he has to!

Hey Joshy, question, if you went back a few years, would you do it all again or start off with a different truck as a project?

Yeah pretty much anything i dont need on the patrol to get home is a spare for the nav. Same with A.J's patrol. Hopefully be able to afford a few new cv's, some tube n plate to fix any tierod/tailshaft problems hopefully. Hopefully whatever i break i can weld it back together haha.

Nah i wouldnt do it again. Would have put a td42 in the nav, and the older transfer case, then bought a single cab nav to do up as the comp car.

hey joshy do the competitors get to stay in the sponsors area?
cause a mate of mine is getting us sponsor area camping we hope.
well i let ya know now if you need a hand with the truck at tuff trucks ill donate my time.
i was watching some video's before and with the power of the nav, it looks like your bringing a knife to a gun fight. any plans there. or chip it and just run 25 psi boost.

competitors/sponsors area are next to each other but i think ull still need a pass to get into the comp area.
Nah no plans with the power...... it had enough power yesterday to obliterate 3 locking hubs and a CV.

wow, thats good to hear, got any videos lately?

yeah my mate is getting tickets as well.
how do you reckon you will go in the mud run?

I stayed in the sponsors area last year, its a bit boring to be honest, we grabbed a couple of 6packs and went for a wander into the general camping area to see what was really going on.
This year we'll be in general camping, depending what time I drag myself there

i think there were a few guys filming/taking pics yest so hopefully i can get some footage off them. mud run, who knows, if i have the front shaft sorted and i can drive with it lifted 14" to reduce the drag in the mud maybe alright haha. depends on the course i guess, very few cars have finished it in the last couple years.

So damage list from saturday
front shaft has about a 3" swing in it now and has started to twist
2 x auto hubs
1 x manual hub
1 cv

and a heap of little things that need tidying up like fuel cell breather

168165_1705879799562_1015045655_1859777_414058_n.jpg

179247_1705880239573_1015045655_1859779_209218_n.jpg

Still needs a little tweaking, might lower the rear coilover mounts and reduce the uptravel from 6" to 3 or 4. and the swing in the front shaft was stopping the front from using its up travel
168031_1705878599532_1015045655_1859773_6329107_n.jpg

Hopefully get some action pics when the other guys put them up

looks pretty good man, need a wider front diff to get further up the travel ramp. do you have hardened cv's in it atm?
how did you smash 3 hubs? what did you do to them?
know my mates we will grab a carton and go walkabout. my mate is bringing his sas hilux and 4 link rear so i think his truck is there for promo.

so what was your RTI score? remember when they measure ya wheel base extend ya hydraulics the full way.
isn't your front drive shaft long enough when fully extended?

nah should go heaps further still without a wider diff. Standard cvs atm GU's.
2 auto hubs busted at once, just too much traction for them, was only crawling. manual hub busted in that pic above i think. the autos imploded, all the gear teeth stripped. the manual cracked the housing in 7 places.
havent done RTI yet, dont think that ramp is 29 degrees. And they cottoned onto pete doing that. wheelbase is measured at rideheight now. Front shaft is only good for 14" of travel atm so i can either use my hydro or have full down travel. but doesnt matter on the ramp as its compressing.

Can minus the cv from the list. Pulled it out tonight and there was nothing wrong with it, found a bit of the busted hub in the new hub and i think it might have just stoped it from engaging correctly as when i put it all back together everything worked correctly. Just have to turn up a new shaft tomorrow and good for another run on the weekend.

168013_184510294922661_100000910750717_416692_7545959_n.jpg

168013_184510301589327_100000910750717_416693_7473315_n.jpg

looks pretty good man, need a wider front diff to get further up the travel ramp. do you have hardened cv's in it atm?
how did you smash 3 hubs? what did you do to them?
know my mates we will grab a carton and go walkabout. my mate is bringing his sas hilux and 4 link rear so i think his truck is there for promo.

so what was your RTI score? remember when they measure ya wheel base extend ya hydraulics the full way.
isn't your front drive shaft long enough when fully extended?

Who's your mate? Sounds a lot like the mate i'll be there with, he's got SAS Hilux there for promo

starry thats plenty of air in that tyre. the tyre is only flat when it's flat on the top.
you should say your rid height is 14 inch lift. lol

do ya reckon the wheel hubs blew because of the wheel spacers.
you should have a chat to mud4b and see if he has any cheap spares for ya. i could bring them down.
AND NO your can't take parts off my patrol.

so how is aj's driving advice going? is he gonna be ready for tough trucks?

Nah just too much traction and me not knowing how to compensate with driving style. with the manual hub i didnt know the wheel was that bagged out and in a big hole with about 75% contact area...with the locker in something was always going to break.
Mate any patrol is a candidate! Im trying to chase down some hubs and cv's atm..the only spares i have are in the patrol.

ah A.J didnt turn up last weekend so not good haha. Hes coming out this weekend so well see how it goes. Should be right, he knows the Nav as well as i do.

Oh ok. Can ya go a stronger hub? Like different brand? Keep on eye out on the patrol 4x4 forum theres always shit getting sold on there.
Yeah well ya want to have your communications all set know what the truck can do to help you out. I was thinking maybe the navara.asia forum should do a cash call and ask for donations and buy ya a set of long field cvs. Lol epople in the crowd will get back to there patrol amd the wheel hubs are stolen.

Hey how sid you work out the distance and arm locations for the 4 link? A mate has a 4 link calculator ya fill in and it gives ya the best location and sizes

yeah superior do a stronger hub but its not cheap.
Ah the 4 link locations, i played with the 4link calculator but in the end i just went with what fit.

Latest posts

Back