my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt like the idea of having 4 doors and not being able to use the rear doors. and then i figured it would be cooler to have it as a 4 seater. Gives my gf and my navi's gf somewhere to sit haha

Taxi bar got the OK and is all welded in. So ive started redoing the hi steer on the front as its not holding together well enough just using the 4 king pin bolts and the brake caliper bolt. Will get some pics once its all together but ive drilled a 5th hole ontop of the knuckle and then drilled out and tapped the swivel seal bolts to 10mm to give the hi steer somewhere else to mount to.

Start of the car trailer for the Nav, Dont have the room or time unfortunately to build it myself so thanks to Brett at BKA Fabrications. Will be max width at 2.5 with drive over wheelarches and rated to 3.5t. elec brakes on all 4 wheels etc.
263857_2017246143526_1015045655_2248298_2744423_n.jpg

I'v spent the past 3 days with any spare time i have reading all 115 pages and i have to say one thing, you have balls, and a bloody tough truck. Good luck with it mate, so much inspiration for my single cab

haha thanks mate. hope the read was interesting.

Completely redone the front high steer as it wasnt holding together very well.
Was only attached by 4 12mm king pin bolts and the top caliper mount. Now is held by 5 studs in the top of the knuckle, the caliper bolt and opened 2 of the swivel seal bolts to 10mm and using that aswell.
P1011247.jpg

Picked up an el cheapo winch for the rear suspension to play around with. all mounted just needs to be wired into the cab.
P1011244.jpg

P1011245.jpg

P1011246.jpg

Also working on giving the hydro pump more belt wrap, anyone that was at tuff truck would have heard the horrible squealing, stopped it by putting locktite on the belt before every track. changed the belt after tt but only stopped it for 1 trip. Going from about 15% wrap to 50%.
Also still workin on the rear steer. Just outa cash to get the final few bits.

out on a mates property last weekend. Cut some tracks in
DSC_017620Desktop20Resolution.jpg

But then managed to roll the nav big time. went right over back onto its wheels and would have kept going if not for a tree on the back wheel. Wasnt fun.
But thankfully little damage considering.

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

Managed to build 2 lights out of the 4 that will hopefully work. Also damaged the brake line at the master cylinder from the coiltowers flexing with the roll.

That thing has some crazy ammount of flex.

Good news about the little damage.

Any pics of the trailer ?

Saw this truck a few years ago when you just chopped the rear guards up and I thought it was a machine... now it's a weapon!
I wish I could do a 1/3rd of what you can with your Nav!

What do you use to tow her around?

Thanks guys.
I use a GU coil cab patrol, 35's, 2" lift, 5" shocks, drop out cones, dual batt, elec brake controller, 3" custom exhaust.
P1011316.jpg

no idea. under 2.6 id like to hope. but now ive got the trailer i will get round to weighing it. prob once the rear steer is finally in. Im trying to work out how to get more weight out of it aswell.

not much heavier then factory.
Its still running. Im waiting for it to shoot pistons. but so far the gearing is perfect. will take off fine in highrange with the 42's and ive had it up to about 80kms.
No rear steer yet. Im overseas atm

Will be competing in the Toperi challenge in november if anyone wants to get out there and watch!.

Rear steer diff is all cleaned up and ready for the link mounts, picked up the steer ram today. Fitted a 32" light bar to the front of the nav andd im sure theres something else ive done but cant remember.

Back