my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing your thread (on another forum.....shhhhhhh!!:big_smile:) when you 1st got this truck, then you put 35's on & was thinking, what a beast then, but seeing it now (& watching it on the Tuff Truck DVD) the things you've done to it. This is one AWSOME BEAST :rock::rock: Awsome work mate, keep it up!!!!

Pretty sure you drove past me the week before last just over the m5 on Heathcote road at wattle grove. I drooled and my girlfriend begged me to do to
Mine what you've done with yours. Absolutely amazing mate. I admire your work. Would love to see it in action sometime.
Cheers Charlie

FatBoy89 said:
Pretty sure you drove past me the week before last just over the m5 on Heathcote road at wattle grove. I drooled and my girlfriend begged me to do to
Mine what you've done with yours. Absolutely amazing mate. I admire your work. Would love to see it in action sometime.
Cheers Charlie

Fak me, my missus couldn't work out why it needed such big tyres, and why to bother. Yours is a keeper!

haha thanks guys its been a longgg buildup. Im lucky my missus is understanding.

Fatboy yeah i was on my way to wheel with some mates at menai.

Dave ill see if i can find a camera that works.

justdrinkbeer said:
Fak me, my missus couldn't work out why it needed such big tyres, and why to bother. Yours is a keeper!

Haha yeah she's great. Just suprisrd me with some nice new roo lite 220s for the Nav last week.
She saving to buy a patrol now. She's absolutely gorgeous too. Never been happier to be in love haha

joshy said:
haha thanks guys its been a longgg buildup. Im lucky my missus is understanding.

Well next time I see you I'll follow haha :)

joshy said:

Well next time I see you I'll follow haha :)

Slow i know...but ive finally started on the queer steer, hoping to have all the mounts done on sunday then i just have to build the diff run the hydro lines.

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

Damn the patrol runs a big arse propshaft flange. Looks good Joshy. Is that axle flipped already I can't really tell from the photo?

that flange is a little bit bigger then a normal patrol one. Mate needed a standard rear patrol flange in a hurry so i gave him the one off the nav but then i wanted to go wheeling so i got a front flange which is smaller, welded a plate on to it, turned it down but left a bit of extra meat on it and redrilled the holes in the right spot.
the housing wont be flipped. pinion will be on the passenger side.

So are you running the propshaft on a compound angle? Do you have to do anything to make that work or are you already well within the uni joints' envelope at the moment?

will be running at a large offset but as the shaft is over 1 metre long, should be alright at the uni's. It has no dramas with the flex atm, will have to do a few flex tests once the steer diff is in place

:) "but then i wanted to go wheeling so i got a front flange which is smaller, welded a plate on to it, turned it down but ....."

won't it be nice when you can just go out for a drive

:) "but then i wanted to go wheeling so i got a front flange which is smaller, welded a plate on to it, turned it down but ....."

won't it be nice when you can just go out for a drive

I would have if A.J hadnt taken my flange!

Slowly getting things tacked in place. The plate the uppers are on is yet to be braced etc...
For a change i decided to just make it up as i go :lol:

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

Back