my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shell be right, 4.2 always gets there in the end. .

Think i jinxed myself here. Halfway between bathurst n orange the patrol overheated and did some serious engine damage. Head is off getting machined and im pulling the block out atm for a full rebuild. Had to hide the patrol on the side of the road while a mate towed the Nav to the new home and then borrowed a cousins cruiser to come back and get the patrol. :rant:

Jeez, Somone doesn't want you to leave haha. How long did you drive while it was overheating?

thats no good mate, bloody crapy thing to happen when you have a move on and this close to chrissy. Not that there ever is a good time for it to happen

cobination of long slow uphill climb fully loaded and found a few cracks in the radiator that had been there a while, just wasnt using enough water for me to notice, i guess when it got hot they opened up further. Its run on the hotter side of the guage since ive had it.

rebuild kit is 1400, hoping machining comes in at under 1000 or close too. new gasket kit is 250, so fingers crossed with me having stripped it and rebuild it i will get away with the rebuild for 3kish. But then new radiator and im replacing the clutch now too so all adds up.

Guys i dont want to be rude, but i have never run 33's so its no good pming me about it! I know this thread is long but everything ive done on the nav is in here and mostly with detail.

Guys i dont want to be rude, but i have never run 33's so its no good pming me about it! I know this thread is long but everything ive done on the nav is in here and mostly with detail.

Pretty sure those 32, 33, 35's guide you done are Sticky's.

Ill double check.

just gone through out the complete thread from start to finish and a 6pack, wow you are a leader! Hopefully ill see this in real life up at cruiser park one day top build mate hats off to you.

Pretty sure those 32, 33, 35's guide you done are Sticky's.

Ill double check.

Yeah but they were spose to just be a guide for people to add there experiences too to help others. Dont think they ever took off.

So from one josh to another...

Omg ho doz I runs 33's lolz rofl?

Ok, now that that's out of my system, what's next for the nav?

Still attempting to get some more reliability out of it, i need to redo the hydro pump mounts as there flexing too much and making the belt slip causing me allsorts of issues. Other then that just tidy it up for tuff truck.

just gone through out the complete thread from start to finish and a 6pack, wow you are a leader! Hopefully ill see this in real life up at cruiser park one day top build mate hats off to you.

Thanks mate!

Turns out the electrics on the pump were fried.... $3000 dollars later i have a new pump to put on tomorrow that hopefully works. Turns out every year model ZD30 has a different pump and they are NOT interchangable so be very carefull when buying one. After tuff truck the ZD30 will be pulled out and sold if anyone is interested in a cheap motor. less then 30,000kms on the motor.

Whats going in as the replacement for the ZD30?

i hope you have it sorted for tuff truck, cant wait to see it in action in the flesh

Back