my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah will be v6 or ls1, if i go ls1 itll be the vz model so i dont have to worry about fly by wire. sick of electronics.

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

looks good with the chin guard on - looks like it sticks out a bit past the cage tho???

new light bar on top too? Vid at cut ock only had 1 old spottie left on top.

sticks out a little, same position i had it in for tt last year tho.

light bars been on there for a couple of months, yeah 2 of the 4 spotties were destroyed after the roll i had mid way through last year and the other 2 have recently been busted up. would have liked to put new ones up there but cant afford it.

Nice work Josh.

My mate was only commenting on it the other day.

His words were, your a maniac. Haha. I am sure you have heard it before.

Yeah something like that lol. thanks.

Nah not really. going to be a big day today!

Well i had a forgetable weekend. Car kept stalling on the way back from scrutineering, thought maybe it was just bad fuel so dropped it out of the tank and there was a heap of black bits coming out. Turns out the foam in the tank had started breaking up and had blocked all my fuel lines up. Got them all cleaned out and running properly again in time for show n shine.
Then heading down to line up for the mud on friday night i lose steering, the pulley on the hydraulic pump was spinning on the shaft. Managed to dodgy it up enough to get to the mud just in time to run. Guess the adrenaline of racing to get it fixed resulted in a little bit to much on the track and got a bad bounce on the tyres and went over.
Pulley was spinning on the shaft again by the time we got it back to camp, couldnt get a new pulley to fit but was able to get a new pump and pulley. Big thanks to Chris at Dragtec. Got it in and running but the output was different to the original pump so we only had steering once we rev'd up, had to pull it back off again and swap the internals over between the pumps.
Finally hit the stages on sat, started well in rock garden till the front passenger axle let go, the cv stub axle then damaged the spindle so we had to cut it off to get the axle and cv out.
Got back to the tracks 2 hours later and onto frame twister,didnt walk the track, started slow and lack of seat time showed getting over the tyres and timed out.
At this stage we were running out of time in the day to complete all the stages so we went straight into the marbles again without bothering to walk the track, got up to the end of the bonus and thought we had done a drivers side cv, they called tracks closed so we missed out on doing our last stage.
Pulled the cv out and it was still in one piece, looked at the hub and it was a bit average so put it down to that, put a new cv and hub on to be sure.
Got to the night run and at the 10 point marker realised we had no drive to the drivers front still. Made it to the 20 point marker before putting it on its side, almost got it back over with the rear steer but just couldnt get there without the front drive. Turns out the locking mechanism is busted in the locker. Decided to call it and get on the beers. Huge thanks to Richo, Ryan and Andy for all there help fixing the pos over the weekend.

Car kept stalling on the way back from scrutineering, thought maybe it was just bad fuel so dropped it out of the tank and there was a heap of black bits coming out. Turns out the foam in the tank had started breaking up and had blocked all my fuel lines up.

Is the foam required for flame front repression by your race rules? Even in diesel?

nah its there as a baffle, comes with the tank. I asked when i bought it if it was compatible with diesel and they said yes. another competitor had the same thing happen but with petrol.

nah its there as a baffle, comes with the tank. I asked when i bought it if it was compatible with diesel and they said yes. another competitor had the same thing happen but with petrol.

It's shit as a baffle. It stops slosh but does nothing to control the fuel when operating on an incline (or in a track racing scenario, cornering, braking, accelerating) which is why you want baffling in a fuel cell to begin with, and eventually breaks down and clogs lines and pumps, as you have experienced. Usually it's required by rules as a flame front suppressant, but if not, piss it off and fit some real baffling. If you can get inside the tank that is.

thats shitty luck all in about a day mate. Shame. What PSI u running in the mud run?

Yeah just have to put it down to bad luck. Boost is factory. 3" straight exhaust, only bend in it is coming off the dump pipe, it spools off idle.

bugger about the breakages joshy, looks good in the rock garden to mate!!

also could your fuel issue a few ago have been the foam ??

bryan

Yeah its a good chance the foam blocking the fuel lead to the damaged sensors in the injector pump im guessing.

Latest posts

Back