My new baby

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee367

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just thought i would post some pictures on here of my new Navara. well new for me. I have gone from a Proton Jumbuck to this and its the best thing i have ever done.
Apart from the poor fuel economy i have not found any complaints as yet. If the pictures done work i have added them to my garage.
I just fitted some new spot lights and LED light bar on the weekend.

Attachments

• 2013-01-21 07.18.34.jpg
    2013-01-21 07.18.34.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 2013-01-21 07.18.53.jpg
    2013-01-21 07.18.53.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 96
Compared to a tiny Proton Jumbuck, the fuel economy would be worss. But for a near two tonne vehicle, Navs have great fuel economy. Im getting near 600kms to a tank.

Im getting around 500 to 550km per tank. I knew it would use more than the jumbuck but thought i would get abit better than that.
It has not been serviced in the last 27,000km ( 178,000km currently on the clock ) so im hoping a major service will have it running better.

Servicing may do something, and maybe an ECU reset could help as well. ECU reset should be done as a part of replacing the fuel filter which may be required given the time since it's last service (usually done every 40K and you must get the right filter, 09's had three different filters)

Often fuel economy is more about the drivers right foot than anything else, the newer models are easily getting 10LPH and lower but older models on this site seem to average around 11's some getting as high as 12.5. But if you want to improve your driving style to improve economy you should get an ECU reader (OBDII scanner) like scangauge, ecutalk or any of the hundreds of other tools that show your real time (sort of) economy and you can see just where and when you are using high fuel and work on not using as much.

Yeah i had a long read through the 64+ pages on fuel economy last night. I have been taking it easy sitting on 100km on the highway just seeing if that makes any difference but i think the scangauge may be the key in watching whats going on. Its an 07 model 6 speed TD.
I have got some Dr Fuel from supercheap that im going to put through int he next fill up and see if that makes any difference.
But i agree going from a small petrol jumbuck to the navara it more than likely has something to do with my driving more than the car.
Is the scangauge easy to set up. I see it just plugs in but setting / calibrating it correct i wasnt sure about.

Sitting at a constant speed, not necessarily 100, is only a part of getting decent fuel economy. Things like take off speed, the way the vehicle is stopped and the way the gearbox is used can have big effects on economy. Driving to improve fuel economy requires a lot more thinking than just getting in the car and driving like a robot.

Being 5 years old will change things a bit because obviously the newer the car the better the economy otherwise manufacturers wouldn't sell new cars but you still should be able to improve a bit on those figures.

Scangauge is easy to set up, it's about 4 steps. There are other options out there which are cheaper, dearer or offer other options but none of them are overly difficult to set up and choice is purely a personal preference as most people don't even use half the functions.

Latest posts

Back