my new d40 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah nah.
Its an illusion thing no doubt. Possibly because the body is so "bulky"
Enjoy - never meant to take anything away from your new purchase. Perhaps park it in the same spot and get a pic after it has had the lift.

ta for that aido. Almost made me want to go bigfoot on it! The main reason i bought it is for the towing capacity. i also want to use it offroad. i got the towbar fitted today. it also has an inbuilt lift lol. bit more parade here fellas;

P1000036.jpg

here is what i am towing. as you can see the back of the nav is already sagging a little. its not even fully loaded. def need suspension upgrade

P1000046.jpg

P1000042.jpg

mate I reckon you got a good ute for what you need to tow.

I ran a D40 a lot round Cloncurry and they were very comfy when towing some gear in the back. Suspension lift will feel even better when you get it. BTW - did you get the rhino liner in yet? I paid $600 for mine in 2006 for my D22 - bit of a june tax time special. Was initially quoted $900. My tray has copped a hammering but the Rhino liner has worked a treat. have fun

As a side note. That trailer doesn't look suitable for the Bobcat. It is a GP plant trailer used by the Hire co no doubt for scissors as well. The weight distrubution is too far forward of the axles and would probably go beyond the rated towball weight. It should be loaded facing forwards to keep the mass of the bobcat over the wheels.

ta dave and ian. its like i dont have anything on the back... 1st diesel. so much easier than the falcon. the only thing i am finding hard are the hill starts with the trailer on the back. im worried about the clutch.
i think my hitch was set to high for the bobby trailer too aido. it freaked me out too, but that is how they gave it to me.

Second pic down from top it looks as though the front tyre is larger then the back tyre, just my eyes though.

hopefully not the nav tommo?.. i didnt check, i dont think the hire company are quite that dodgy. i was worried how the bobby trailer towed though.

ive now had a few extra things done. firstly i got dingo canvas seat covers for the front and back, then i got a rhino spray on liner for the tub, prodigy brake controler, and i got the efs lift and polyair bellows done on friday.

P1000078.jpg

P1000079.jpg

P1000080.jpg

P1000081.jpg

i am getting the bullbar in the next couple of weeks, save some more $'s and then snorkel, under body protection, and better protection for the brake lines and abs scensors

thanks ox, it is a bit high. i ordered the bar a couple of weeks ago. have to wait for it to be powder coated. its sitting high at the front in prep for the bar weight. the bags at the back are pumped to match it. will go down an inch or so when i get it. i should have ordered the bar when i arranged the lift!
its scarry how much money you can spend!

Latest posts

Back