My rant on Ironman suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no complaints with my lift kit, i like it to sit higher at the back so when its loaded its not doing wheelies

I have just fitted an ironman 2 inch lift to my 2011 d22 and now it makes all kinds of weird noises. after a few days the right hand side spline stripped out of the torsion bar adjuster wich was replaced by the so called mechanics that fitted the kit now im too scared to take it any where incase it happens again.

if you have a stripped spline at the cam adjuster its cause the adjuster wasn't fitted correctly in chassis ,i just had same issue after fitting efs kit myself
14012012416.jpg

its a fitting fault and you need to take it back to whoever fitted kit to have adjuster replaced
sparra

I took it back and got it replaced the problem is the mob that fitted the kit say they did nothing wrong, what concerns me is what if it happens again it was ok at 30 kmh wont be so good if it goes at 110. The people at ironman in perth also told me it was fitted incorrectly. everytime i hear a clunk or bang i think its about to shit itself again

once its located it wont move
get under and check yourself
mine popped out at 20 kph and made a huge bang
i drove real carefully for a while after replacing it

Thanks for confusing the situation boys. Im tossing up putting them on my 40.
Extra heavy duty as I'll be carrying all my tools etc, but then 4wding will be alot less weight!
Now what do I do? Choose them and keep weight in them, or change to another brand. Adjustable etc...
Has anyone but airbags in the backs? Any good/ worth it.....?

Zanic,

This is probably too late, but maybe you should look at doing a performance setup for you rig and then also adding on our Load Plus helper springs.

What this would provide is a good ride when driving with a light load as the suspension is correctly matched, but when you add a heavier load i.e. your day to day when carrying tools, you can tighten up the load plus to progressively improve the stiffness of your rear end, ensuring you get no sag and you get a ride matched for you heavier loads. Then when you want to go 4x4ing its only a quick few minutes to re-adjust the load plus and loosen them to go back to a more properly matched spring rate for the rear with the lighter load.

Latest posts

Back