My Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunning1987

Reaction score
This car was bought to do touring throughout Australia. Bought it with everything stock except the Roll bar from a 550 and Rust protection as I spend a lot of my time at North Stradbroke Island.

First trip will be Cape York peninsular, QLD in 2013, followed by Kimberley in 2014.

imag0173rz.jpg

imag0174y.jpg

My list is quiet extensive so here goes:
  • Lightforce XGTs-Done
  • Bullbar-Done
  • Winch-Done
  • Roof top tent-Done
  • ARB smooth canopy-Done
  • 3" Exhaust (no muffler or vortex still deciding)- Done
  • Long rang fuel tank (AUX)-Done
  • BFGoodrich KM2- Done
  • Audio upgrade-Done
  • Roof console -Done
  • UHF-Done
  • Dual batteries-Done
  • Raised Diff Breathers- Done
  • Lift Kit - Done
  • Switches-Done
  • Rear Draw system-Done
  • Water on board-Done
  • Underneith protection-Done
  • Rear diff lock-Done
  • Rhino Pioneer carrier-Done
  • Rear Dual wheel carrier-Done
  • Diesel chip-Done
  • Font diff lock-Done

Still to Do:
  • Baja Design SR roof LED bar
  • Intercooler upgrade ordered

Last edited:
First was to find and fit a bullbar, Buying new would be pointless to me for $500 i couldnt go past a second hand ARB Commercial bar, then fitted a aerial and a tx3440 UHF.
imag0705l.jpg

Recently My wife and I tied the knot and I'd finished spending money on her, turned to the nav!

Found a punchure in my tire after the buck night so needed a compressor, while I was looking I thought a tank might come in handy. I was reading 4wd Action and came across tigerz11 massive sale and bought the tank, and a 12000lb winch.
imag0804b.jpg

When I fit the compressor in, Ill need a remote switch, over to custom rockers I went and bought all my switchs.

imag0809e.jpg

Once again I thought about it and ran out of room for all my switchs....., Need a roof console.

imag0808a.jpg

looking good mate
you have a long list of mods
cant wait to see the finished product
those std side steps wont last long in cape york
check out scottybobcats sliders and bashplates
heaps of happy customers
goodluck and enjoy your ride
cheers

Roof console was $400 from TJM took 2 weeks to come in, all the switches and mounting plate cost me about $80 and about 5hr to mount everything.

Yer have been eyeing off scottys work but I want full side rails and and Im in Bris so that mite be a issue.

XGT 50w Ordered collect thursday cant wait!!
Dual battery isolator waiting at home just need a battery holder now,

Isolator (Score for $20 off fle-bay) and Lights have arrived, need to collect the Roof tent tomorrow and organise a battery cradle.

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

Last edited:
Nice tidy job thus far mate be def following this build.. how do you find the qaulity of them rocker switches, in the process of finding some myself. do they light up when your dash lights are on or when the switch is activated?
Keep up the good work.

Cheers Stremd22, The rocker switches have a dash light circuit in them and a active light circuit. I ran the dash circuit to a earth switch so when on long trips the dim lights doesn't prevent the kids in the back from sleeping. Also you cant negative switch either which did frustrate me a little but that's life.

Bit of an update need to find somewhere to mount some gauges. Found a VY pod gauge in the special bin at auto barn and made me think....

First off had to see what i need to make this work, needed fiberglass, bog, jig saw and a drill with drill bits.
imag0849o.jpg

Bend some ally as support brackets,Cut the gauges to suit and fiberglass, bog and clean up
imag0909x.jpg

Get it to fit, just a bit of spray fill up the small dints and marks, paint and gauges:D

Looking at the Autron gauges are they any good?
Had to fly back to work but did manage to get my tax return completed so now have money to do a couple of big updates :D

Last edited:
Bought a ARB canopy just need to be painted and 4x BF Goodrich KM2's today so its going to be another busy week off from work, hopefully to get hold of some autons gauge to fit and run my aux battery and lift kit too.

Latest posts

Back