My Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer holders from ebay its a "ram" but Im not a great fan of it, with the weight of the ipad and driving around I've found that the aliminum base keeps coming loose and allows the ipad to sway back and forth the hole time. Ive tightend it up so often that now im going to throw it away and get a dash screw mount and see how it travels, will let you know how it goes.

Sorry the bar was sold the wek i took it off. Chip is going to be a "unichip" which ill purchse from the states (cheaper) and fit it but will get northside 4x4 to tune it for me and see what results i can achieve, along with a intercooler.

Will add photos once done.

Very smooth truck, I'm loving the way it's developing.

How do you find the km2s now you've had them a while, on and off road?

Yer Km2 have been good done about 5000km on them and a lot quieter on the road then my previous hilux with MTZ's. Off road i haven't faulted them to date but only been running round on beach's and glass house mountains in dry weather twice.

I bought them because a mate has them on a patrol and he did a 6 week trip through to alice springs and down south fully loaded he weighed just over 3."something" tons and with the corrugation out west and lower pressures he was the only one that didnt have a puncture. Glad i didn't cheap out on them.

Heres a couple of pics from the weekend down at Newcastle with lunny, Was great except the slight leak into the cab haha.
dsc01692ua.jpg

20130224124232.jpg

20130224124035.jpg

20130223172738.jpg

This was where they test the unimogs from the defence force so we were kinda over our heads haha

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N70_gtJd0-o[/YT]

With this one it took us about 30-45 minutes to get the 22 past as it was gettin caught on its steps.

With the bigger tyres, lift and runners removed mad it through first go...for once.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xdeb0AI1w[/YT]

This place was deep, soft and pissing down with rain lucky we both had winches fitted.

Last edited:
Recently thought about the layout of the tray. Have bought a set of outback drawers with sliding tops, 53lt headboard water tank with pump and a MSA drop slide and waeco 80lt fridge to suit.

Also bought a full set of ARB bash plates too...

Will be fitted by the weekend "fingers X" then shoot up to double island for a getaway before winter sets in. Going to be a very busy couple of days getting that all fitted.

Also have set a date to shoot up to cape york with the family in september to october. Towing a boat behind me is the dream haha

Drawers, fridge slide and water tank are in, Will wire them in tomorrow.

20130321121028.jpg

20130321121033.jpg

Wire them in tomorrow morning fit the new bash plates then straight to DI for the weekend to test it all out.

Last edited:
You can pick them up at ARB stores for $420 but i bought mine from ebay for $320 incl post, which is exactly the same as the ARB one going by the part number on the pump.

Couple of pictures from Double island on the weekend. Really happy with drawers and water tank, Made having a shower, washing plates ect so much easier great item to install.

mg0674r.jpg

LED strips work so well Best lighting invention to date!
mg0670.jpg

mg0700e.jpg

Great looking Nav mate. I like the idea of the gravity fed diesel tank you have under the tray- did you fit it yourself?

Yer mate fitted everything myself. Tanks and exhausts i will pay someone from now on to fit, Never had so much dramas before when fitting those type of products.

The 40's looking great gunning1987, you've done alot of great work on her. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on on the Cape trip.

Out of interest, how much room is in that roof top tent? Is it comfortable or a bit squished??

The 40's looking great gunning1987, you've done alot of great work on her. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on on the Cape trip.

Out of interest, how much room is in that roof top tent? Is it comfortable or a bit squished??

Cheers mate, will update at that time.

I'm 6'6" and I had room to spare length ways (about another 10" MAX), Width is good for 2x adults but my 6yr old daughters came up and it was getting a lil tight but still we all slept fine.

Ventilation was the best tho by far, the fly screens are really big for the side walls and the rear window is at least 50% of the total wall. Arb tent is really worth the money.

Lately I've been a bit slack, been more interested in getting our cape trip organised rather than the car. Finally made it to ARB And had them fit their rear locker installed, Works a treat!Never noticed how much of a difference it makes. Also fitted 5mm spacers up the front to get the front sitting up again 10mm.

Took my brother out to Glass House Mountains Saturday with his new D22 Had a ball hes already looking into getting a lift and a set of muddies on it (Which he'll need with his style of driving haha).

Heres some form my last run:

mg0341res.jpg

mg0340res.jpg

mg0339res.jpg

Latest posts

Back