My Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer it's pretty straight forward, g'box, I cut the old hose off and ran new rubber hose then back to nylon. Diffs are straight forward and I ran fuel up in between the cab and tray.

Last edited:
5 weeks to go to our Cape York trip and have found sometime to get parts ordered and finishing off bits and pieces.

Ordered a set of Canopy scoop, brush bars and steps from ARB and having talks with Northside 4x4 about a Uni-chip or a mob that will fit a HKS chip into the car really torn between them both!!

Today I fitted up a water separator filter into the engine bay and worked a charm!
fnal4N9.jpg

ttt7xRz.jpg

Nice looking rig gunning, what sort of fuel numbers are you getting with her fully loaded up as opposed to running around town?

Cheers, Mick

Tell the truth mate, She doesn't get driven round town that often as I'm never home to drive it. Last trip I did was 12.86ltrs/100km. I'm hoping that after I chip* it with the unichip and intercooled it the numbers may drop down to 12 or less but I don't see it happening!

Last edited:
That's not too bad mate, I've got s STX king cab and was getting around the 11's to 12's with nothing more than a steel tray and an arb bullbar. Threw on some 265 75 R16 KM2's and it's blown out to around 15L/100 around town and 12L/100 on the highway.

Cheers, Mick

Yer I really wouldn't know what I get round town as I never really drive it round town other then collecting my daughter from school one week a month which is about a 5km round trip.

Thanks to Zordo the rear springs aren't sagging and dragging its behind over every bump, At the same time he's replaced the lower strut bushes that were squeaking and driving me mad! Now rides smooth and quiet again.

So The stereo was drawing too much power from the starter battery and was causing to go flat too often, Now wired to the rear battery I have no issue.

Also installed the Canopy vent and ARB steps with brush bars which feel very sturdy.
ykUmKFxl.jpg

IKgOgRal.jpg

Still cant decide what battery to fit in the rear, do I go full AGM Deep cycle or a hybrid Deep cycle/starting battery??? What are other people using?

Thanks to Zordo the rear springs aren't sagging and dragging its behind over every bump, At the same time he's replaced the lower strut bushes that were squeaking and driving me mad! Now rides smooth and quiet again.

So The stereo was drawing too much power from the starter battery and was causing to go flat too often, Now wired to the rear battery I have no issue.

Also installed the Canopy vent and ARB steps with brush bars which feel very sturdy.
ykUmKFxl.jpg

IKgOgRal.jpg

Still cant decide what battery to fit in the rear, do I go full AGM Deep cycle or a hybrid Deep cycle/starting battery??? What are other people using?

Well I guess it really depends if you link them or not. And how much you running of the back battery. You may have already cover this but what's your set up like?

Flicked through the pages by the looks it may not be the battery size that's the problem as more of the amount of charge getting to the battery.

Rear battery runs 80ltr waeco fridge (normally @ -2c), LED strip lighting, Compressor (when needed), 12v water pump (when needed), Radio and amp. All being charged by a ctek D250s.

Front battery runs winch and standard vehicle ECM's, ect.

Ok so not a charge problem. Well I guess full deep cycle, maybe throw in a solar panel or two. You should be able to fit a 130amp hour in there. Or remove the box and put the biggest you can afford in place!

Latest posts

Back