My Truck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cienzo200

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Phil, I've been hanging around for a while getting inspiration but only joined recently. I thought I'd Introduce myself in this thread as I'm posting a pic of my truck and what its had done and whats on the list.

It's a 2010 Thai Built ST that I got about a month ago from Melbourne and brought back home. When I got it, it already had Xrox rock sliders, 2" OME suspension lift, IPF driving lights, Safari Snorkel, extended diff breathers and a factory nudge bar and sports bar. It did come with Black steelies, but because they were the wrong offset, wouldn't pass roadworthy so swapped them back to the standard rims for now.

Courtesy of the wife, I've already put on order a set of 17" Fuel Hostage rims being fitted with 285/70R17 Kumho A/T KL78 due to budget restraints of being a second year fitter apprentice and saving for a house. I've also ordered an EGR blanking valve too, just to help her run a bit better.

Attachments

• 578993_10201186966708628_1956665337_n.jpg
    578993_10201186966708628_1956665337_n.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 14,289
  • 1237085_10201301051160668_904363231_n.jpg
    1237085_10201301051160668_904363231_n.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 232
Welcome to the forum, our off to a good start with the list of mods it has already received.
I wood look at some good quality under body protection for it as the D40's radiator is VERY vulnerable and its extremely common for the bottom tank to cop damage when off road.
IMO ARB or BROWN DAVIS make the best plates and are worth the few extra $$ over the competitors.
Keep us posted on the progress of your new ride.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I'm stoked about the truck and to finally be able to start a build up about one of my cars. Cheers!

So after checking out some sites I've just purchased the Perfect Lift for a cheap way to lift the Truck that little bit more with the tyres. The kit contains spacers and shackles apparently raising the front 2.5" and 1.5" in the rear, hopefully levelling it back out with the nose slopping down with the 2" OME lift in it. I've read that you can get away without extending the brake lines as I have no intent of off-roading until she's ready to go up the east coast of Australia but by all means, if I'm wrong please correct me. I'll post some photos when the rims and further lift are on if anyones keen for a look.

So after checking out some sites I've just purchased the Perfect Lift for a cheap way to lift the Truck that little bit more with the tyres. The kit contains spacers and shackles apparently raising the front 2.5" and 1.5" in the rear, hopefully levelling it back out with the nose slopping down with the 2" OME lift in it. I've read that you can get away without extending the brake lines as I have no intent of off-roading until she's ready to go up the east coast of Australia but by all means, if I'm wrong please correct me. I'll post some photos when the rims and further lift are on if anyones keen for a look.

Welcome!!!
Just a point of to make with the spacers are illegal and I think the shackles are too... I'd do the brake lines anyway as you may want a little off road practice before you go too far from home. Not sure if you said if its and auto or manual. But the auto boxes are great but take some getting use to when off road. Then you have the Manual will the pain in the back side reverse gear selection and weak clutch.

thanks champ. Its manual, and are any lifts above 2" 'legal', the suspension shops will fit spacers and shackles but won't touch body lifts? Can you get the calmini 5" kit engineered? I'm sure I'll do a bit of off-roading but nothing too aggressive before I go away. Brake lines are defiantly on the to do list too! :p

thanks champ. Its manual, and are any lifts above 2" 'legal', the suspension shops will fit spacers and shackles but won't touch body lifts? Can you get the calmini 5" kit engineered? I'm sure I'll do a bit of off-roading but nothing too aggressive before I go away. Brake lines are defiantly on the to do list too! :p

Nothing above 2" is legal without an engineering certificate. The calmini kit is a 5" drop kit so you really need a the stock high suspension. You'll never get body lifts passed on cars with air bags. And you have to remember 2" suspension lift + 1" tire size = 3"s So illegal without engineering.

I had/have that exact same lift kit on my king cab.comes up really nice.very level,if you running stock springs and shocks all brake and abs lines are fine,any higher and they need replacing with longer ones.with a bit of 4x4ing you will hear the odd clunk in the front end,that will be your upper arms...they do that...they dont damage anything just annoying....enjoy!!

Getting a bit warm, time to cool the cab with some dark tint :)

Yeah, I'll be keeping it clean, I don't like my truck dirty for weeks after its been off the

Attachments

• 1236382_10201339987334048_285667760_n.jpg
    1236382_10201339987334048_285667760_n.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Any D40 that has a factory nudge bar has them. I found that out the hard way when Tjm fitted my bull bar.

Latest posts

Back