Navara 1, 4 seater Couch and 2 recliners, 0

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonk8

Reaction score
Was out on a highway late last night, had an oncoming car approaching so dipped the high beams, so could only see 50m in front, doing about 100km/h then bang! hit something in the middle of the bull bar then i drove over the top of it, then dodged two other things. Got out to inspect, turns out the thing I hit was a large 4 seater couch and the things i dodged were its matching 2 recliners. The couch pretty much exploded. Only slight damge to the bull bar (alluminium), it has bent it down a bit. Overall, very lucky. It is very surprising how quick stationary objects come up on you, I had no time to respond to the couch. Won't bother with insurance, I will put the excess mooney towards a new steel winch bar :big_smile:. If anyone driving a bright green new ford falcon ute on the licoln highway last night wants to know where your couch is, let me know and I will teach you how to tie a truckies knot!

Lol, !@#$ me. I have hit 3 kangeroo's and dodged a pram as some moron put a pram on the highway which after I pulled up I checked and thank God there no kid in it. So I threw it in a vacant block.

Just goes to show you have to watch the road constantly.

Glad your unscathed.

Dave.

2010_02_19_11_00_55_Camera03.jpg

2010_02_19_11_00_56_Camera03.jpg

2010_02_19_11_00_57_Camera03.jpg

got to look out for flying objects too !

I had a mountain bike come off the back of a Challenger in front of me heading out of Sale towards Stratford a few years ago. Was just at the start of the overtaking lanes and my bread truck was only just getting up to speed and the driver took off round me like a bat out of hell because 80 and speeding up in a 100 zone less than 2ks out of town was too slow for him.

Bike bounced off the bitumen in front of the trucks bullbar and then bounced off the bullbar into the grass on the side of the road it must have been close to taking out the left hand driving light but there was hardly a dent in the bar when I stopped in Stratford to make my next delivery. After two hits I figured the bike wasn't worth picking up and obviously the driver of the Challenger didn't either because he kept driving, although it was about 5:30am just after the sun rose and he might have been a bit too sleepy to realise it had even come off.

I wore someones flying hubcap recently in my work car.

Just traveling along a duplicated bit of the Calder and I spy a hubcap lying at the left side of the other (Right) lane. No problem, nowhere near me, until the stupid bugger in the right lane just in front of me drove over the edge of it. Then it was like watching a ballet as it swung up and down and side to side. The last move was to slip over to the middle of my lane and stand up on edge before I hit it (All of this was in the space of about 100m)

I clouted it so hard that all the vertical posts of the grille in the middle of the radiator opening broke off and you could see a clear image of the shape of the holes in the hubcap where I whacked the brake dust off the inside of it!

Some people really pay no attention to what is on the road in front of them. The bugger that flicked it up did not swerve before or after and not so much as a flick of brake lights. I have seen another car run straight over the top of a shipping pallet at 100kmh that you could see on the road for 500M! And they still did not even stop to check for damage.

mind you i've run over a surfboard that came from the other side of the motorway, downpipes that flew of a truck in another lane, found ladders in the middle of the motorway, had ducks, turkeys bounce off the windscreen and sideswipe bulls.

the stuff that annoys me is the stuff people loose off the vehicle. the amount of load locks/tiedowns that i see on the side of the road is unbelievable.

^ I seen a ladder on the highway a few weeks ago and a commodore just hit it.

Commodore didn't look so pretty after hitting it.

Dave.

I swerved to miss a length of poly pipe one morning about 3am, a mate of mine working for the rival bread company was about 10 mins behind me and he stopped and picked it up. Rotten bugger scored two fishing rods both in tact still closed tightly in the pipe, guess it pays to pick other peoples casts off sometimes.

go the couch and 2 seaters for weirdest item on the road so far. Although a mate had a wheel barrow fall off a truck in front of him on the M1 in brissie. No time to swerve or brake. Fortunate for him, it actually flipped over his car, but the car behind copped it full on.

Latest posts

Back