navara d22 08 power Loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_lad

Reaction score
Hi guys been lookin this forum for a while and has been great so here's the prob,
Driving along either cold or warm doesn't matter then I'll loose power engine still idles but no power and won't rev past 1300 rpm turning off and on again resets it check engine light comes on sometimes. So reading the forum thought it might be scv so I relplaced it with a hi spec valve from chiptuning and motor runs so much better but after 100 km it did it again :/ Also I have a DP chip thought I'd remove it to see if made a difference instead I have no power at all can't get past 20km/h replaced chip reset ecu running well like before but still loosing power occasisionally any help would be great cheers

Welcome mate have you changed your fuel filter with the genuine Nissan replacement? or a bad batch of diesel perhaps.The DP chip won't help either.

I'll try a genuine, I replaced with one from autopro, yeah thats why I tried to take the chip out did an ecu reset but just ran like a pig

I've read that people with the d40 yd25 engines have shimmed the pressure release v/v on the rail anyone know the best shim thickness for a d22?

Manual doesn't list 0605.

Attachments

• dtc yd25.JPG
    dtc yd25.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 66
I understand it has to do with the ROM in the ecu. I think the ecu checks itself sort of thing and if it isn't up to scratch it throws this code. Its just from what I've found the car going into limp mode because of it is a bit of an oddball was just curious if anyone had experienced something similar? Also where is the ecu/ ecu earth located in the 08 d22 str???

I suspect it's an electrical fault. ECUs in these cars are pretty solid unless dunked into liquid (and Fraser Island is worse than Condamine River). Your car is old enough to have created a little oxidisation under the earthing points so that's where I'd start, first one being on the side of the engine.

My ECU (not sure about your 2008 D22, mine's a 2009 D40) is on the sidewall in the engine bay with the earth located nearby. It shouldn't be difficult to locate it. If you've dunked the car it's also worth removing the connectors and reinserting them after a little clean (electrical contact cleaner does work, as does the simpler extract - insert - extract - insert).

It might also be worth pulling the injector leads and making sure they're clean too.

I do NOT suspect a turbocharger problem, because shutting the car down and restarting it fixes it - that smacks of electrical/logical or fuel pickup/air in the lines (and that's where I'd go next, if cleaning the contacts didn't help).

In the 2005 d22 the ecu is in the cab, bolted to the top off the transmission tunnel under the dash. Look to the left of the clutch pedal, you might have to fold the carpet back.

Hi guys so I have done all the above no luck am thinking of getting an ecu from a wreckers and replacing it out. The car has central locking but not remote so will that mean just a simple swap or is there more to it??

I doubt it would be your ecu, it's more likely to be the DP chip loom or plugs. Sounds like limp mode, caused by high rail pressure maybe?

I'm wondering if there's a fuel supply problem now. Whether that's caused by a physical restriction/fault (blocked filter, return, or air in lines) or a logical problem (faulty pressure sensor or injector connections) is the thing.

I was shown an ECU out of a car that had a big black burnt patch in the middle which was apparently caused by the guy helping someone jump-start their car. You could try replacing your ECU, but you could have issues with the new one if it requires injector registration.

I'd also do ALL of the testing with the DP chip removed from the vehicle. This will guarantee that there's one less factor at play.

Hmm yeah I removed the dp chip first thing as soon as I got an ecu code ie p0605 on the torque app so I'll check the sesnsors and injector connection . also I'll get a pin in/out checked on the ecu. What would be the best way to check for air a clear hose on the primer output or something??? Yeah the rail pressure isn't that high when it goes into limp mode rumpig. Its done it at idle pressures at the lights and was running torque app and pressure where good. cheers for the advice Guys

So guys just an update changed out ecu and got Nissan dealership to code to Injectors driven about 150 km and all good. Since it was dying every 30 40 km thats a record haha. So looks like its fixed thanks for all your help guys ta :). So stoked

Latest posts

Back