Navara D22 Yd25ddti turbo pressure sensor help.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeruD22

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a D22 with the yd25, 133 stock here in Peru. Im trying to find the turbo pressure sensor, D40's have this coming out of the front mounted intercooler.
Mine comes with a top mounted IC but I cant find the sensor. Anyone have a clue? Here is a pic of my engine.
A million thanks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374617977.362037.jpg

D22 yd25 won't have the same setup. As the turbo on the d40 is controlled by the ecu and the turbo on the d22 is wastegate controlled.

Not 100% on the correct terms but someone will calrify

Rusty

I have looked all over mine and can't find any pressure sensors anywhere on the inlet system. I think the only definitive way to tell is either a parts listing for one or a factory service manual showing its location. Why do you need it?

werid, i checked the manual and they don't list a boost sensor anywhere. i guess it all runs via MAF :(

the boost sensor is located on the intercooler, driver's side. there's a vac hose going to it from the intercooler and a 3 wire connector. they refer to it as 'charge air pressure sensor' in the manual

the boost sensor is located on the intercooler, driver's side. there's a vac hose going to it from the intercooler and a 3 wire connector. they refer to it as 'charge air pressure sensor' in the manual

not listed in this manual. however this is only the first yd25 CR d22.

My 2010 only has the inlet and outlet pipes from the turbo and to the motor on it. Nothing else at all...

If you want to attach one page from the manual, you can download a program called PDFcreator. It lets you print files in PDF format, then just attach it to your post in the advanced reply section

Haven't seen one of them either, only the maf... So unless the computer calculates boost from airflow across the maf I'm not sure how it works it out. Unless it has a fixed fuel/rpm map and Nissan have told it how much fuel to put in at what rpm based on tps readings without measuring boost at all...

The D22 is old school. Runs a waste gate not like the D40. The ECU only controls fuel and injector timing etc. the turbo and boost look after themselves mechanically.

The D22 is old school. Runs a waste gate not like the D40. The ECU only controls fuel and injector timing etc. the turbo and boost look after themselves mechanically.

While that's true the zd30 has a map sensor so the ecu can detect an overboost condition and trigger limp mode

I was only going on the YD25. Don't the ZD30's use the ECU to controls the turbo similar to the D40 YD25.

Back