Navara engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenn2006

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I have a 2010 st nav only done 20000 klmsand the engine light keeps coming on had in nissan for warrenty repairs 5 times this week they said the EGR valve was blocked and this was the problem so they cleaned it and the light went of I picked the car up and drove home and then the light came back on has any one out there had this problem and if so how did they fix.

Welcome to the forum!

In 2010 they changed the EGR so that the ECU knew when EGR was flowing. It prevents us from blocking the EGR completely on those cars - EGR is used to dampen combustion so that NOx emissions are reduced. It does rob the vehicle of some power and/or economy.

They must have looked at the error code being returned (be nice to know what the code is). Unfortunately this doesn't always reflect the actual problem - it's a good guide, but really, in 20,000km you should not have blocked the EGR up with gunk unless you're using really, really bad fuel, or you're using crap engine oil.

If your EGR is blocking up fast, you must be issuing clouds of black smoke too. You'd surely notice this.

There was someone who reported their Thai-built truck had a tight wire behind the instrument cluster that stretched in the heat and lost contact, I think causing the 4WD lights to indicate improperly. I wonder if yours is similar?

Tell us what fuel you commonly use, and what engine oil you've been using too.

Navara egr

Hi mate we only use bp fuel same bp that we fill up our trucks this vehicle as only been serviced 2 times and nissan would hope to think they used the right engine oil.

Latest posts

Back