Navara Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karnage

Reaction score
Greetings,

Doing a trek across OZ (east to west) thru the Nullabor and convinced wife to sell the Dualis and get a Navara. Whilst Googling everything about Navaras and the Nullabor I stumbled on this forum and Im hooked, great advice and innovative ideas just wish I had more time to "enhance" mine before we go. Anyway keep it up and I'll keep in touch

Attachments

• Car pic 1.jpg
    Car pic 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 20,052
  • Car pic 2.jpg
    Car pic 2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Car pic 3.jpg
    Car pic 3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 68
  • car pic 4.jpg
    car pic 4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 75
Welcome to the forum!

Some of the guys here have been talking about doing the same thing, click here to read the thread.

I want to fly to Uluru in early-ish 2013 (personal reasons). This east-west trip is still achievable some time in the middle of 2013 as long as I can get the spendoolies saved. I'm estimating something near 2,000 litres of diesel required for the return trip of around 11,000km (assuming 17LPHK average, 110 * 17 = 1870 and allow a little room for extra). That's about $3,000 in fuel.

To top it off, we'd need around a month. Naturally we could do it a LOT faster if the only people coming along were hauling full vans and didn't mind driving in shifts. These are details we haven't yet worked out.

We'd also need to organise a vehicle service somewhere along the way.

With my trip, which tony linked above, I'd want a planned timeframe of 6 weeks to accomplish it in - 3-4 weeks to make my way across the heart of Aus, stopping frequently to soak up the outback and take a bazillion photos, a few days/nights in WA, then spend the last 2 -3 weeks making my way back across the nullabor and great ocean road upto brissy. On top of all that, i'll have an extra 2 weeks up my sleeve for incidental occurrences/resting/cleaning/unpacking/servicing at the end of the trip.

Hopefully July/August 2013 for my trip.

G, day Karnage,

Welcome aboard,fear no beer. If you attend any of the Navara outings or musters over the next few years, please remember, the only stick you should have in your hand is "Low range" .

PS, enjoy the forum a great bunch of blokes & Gals and those mixed up shuck up types called lola, lalala lola, lalala lola!

Sorry folks, it’s all those f--king pain killer medication again!!!!

Nice D22!

Regards,

RLI
:saberfighting::deadhorse:

Hey Kamage

If you're going east to west be sure to plan the return trip, the last thing you ever want to do is get over to WA and stay there, the mandatory residential lobotomy doesn't look like fun.

Having done the Nullabor a few times myself and written up things like fuel and accommodation places (I'm too precious to camp outdoors) depending on where you are starting from there is a good amount of information on these forums. Obviously the fuel prices will be out of whack with today's fuel but the rest is still valid.

Depends on what you plan to do on the trip you really don't need an enhanced 4wd to do the trip just a comfortable one and when you see the wide variety of vehicles that cross the Nullabor on a daily basis you'll understand that it can be done in just about anything.

Enjoy the ride.

Thanks KraftyPG, We are going one way to a place called Newman and planning on staying for at least two years hence the change to 4wd with bars etc didnt want to ruin a brand new car with red dust and roo blood. Decided to have an adventure on the way and if we dont like the trip at least we dont have to drive back!!

Oh gawd don't talk to the locals, I'm related to more than one of them!

It's a good drive, if you drive in daylight hours only you'll cut down your chances of animal strike dramatically, although not enough to be complacent. It's a good drive, just avoid refueling at place like Mundrabilla and Nundroo as they appear to only use Bio Diesel and while the commercial stuff is probably not something to fear Nissan may not agree if you suffer engine problems in a brand new car.

Latest posts

Back