Navara rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lologto

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Navara D40 2.5 140kw 2010. Engine was rebuilt before 20K kms. After 5k kms she started knocking from injectors so i replaced them with refurbished ones. It was fixed and she ran smoothly until now. About 1800 RPMs I can hear rattle under load. Oil is not missing and consumption of oil is minimal. Fuel and oil filter is clean. Oil and filters changed 5k after rebuild and them after another 10K kms. Injectors were not coded until now (now they are). Red airbag is flashing but diagnostics don´t show any error code. Any ideas?

Was the turbocharger replaced as a new item? What about the exhaust gaskets? Has the EGR been blocked and what is the condition of the gold EGR tube that runs around the motor from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve on the end of the intake manifold?

Airbag light may be flashing because of a damaged clock spring in the steering wheel. Usually horn and/or cruise controls are also affected by this, but removal and testing of both ends of the ribbon cable within are needed to check this. If the cable is okay, there's a chance it's the airbag diagnostic module which lives on the transmission tunnel under the front cupholders and requires a T50 Torx security bit to remove. Unless you're an experienced electronics technician it's not worth repairing and if you are such a technician, let me know because my original module failed with a faulty capacitor that I can't find a replacement for.

Turbocharger is original, exhaust gaskets are new and the EGR is blocked.

Horn and multifunction on steering wheel is working so I think it´s airbag diagnostic module.

Was the turbocharger replaced as a new item? What about the exhaust gaskets? Has the EGR been blocked and what is the condition of the gold EGR tube that runs around the motor from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve on the end of the intake manifold?

Airbag light may be flashing because of a damaged clock spring in the steering wheel. Usually horn and/or cruise controls are also affected by this, but removal and testing of both ends of the ribbon cable within are needed to check this. If the cable is okay, there's a chance it's the airbag diagnostic module which lives on the transmission tunnel under the front cupholders and requires a T50 Torx security bit to remove. Unless you're an experienced electronics technician it's not worth repairing and if you are such a technician, let me know because my original module failed with a faulty capacitor that I can't find a replacement for.
I have this airbag light issue just recently. Came on about 2 mths ago after helping move someones stuff, figured they squashed a sensor packing stuff in and would clear with a reset. Did not bother until a rwc last week. Mechanic cleared it as I forgot to(the flashing light became a part of my life lol) he passed it, came back on around the corner. So I figure clockspring/contact issue and will hopefully get a chance to look, but if it is that capacitor, I will not rest until I find a replacement (boxes full of them) and one for you too!

I have this airbag light issue just recently. Came on about 2 mths ago after helping move someones stuff, figured they squashed a sensor packing stuff in and would clear with a reset. Did not bother until a rwc last week. Mechanic cleared it as I forgot to(the flashing light became a part of my life lol) he passed it, came back on around the corner. So I figure clockspring/contact issue and will hopefully get a chance to look, but if it is that capacitor, I will not rest until I find a replacement (boxes full of them) and one for you too!

Thanks heaps :) I am not in dire need of one now, as I replaced my whole unit with one from a wreck for $100 (Central Coast Wreckers at Wyong NSW).

Latest posts

Back