NBN network.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ Fiber splicing + FTTP modem + battery backup + power point + first ethernet point + first phone point

Cost will depend on your distance fron the Node. Tech community believe you can start at $5000 and go up from there.

Pure bullshit. Where'd ya git t from?

What fibre splicing? The only joins should be in the pillar replacement box where they will split the multi core feed into multiple feeds ad take he end of the house feed.

The boxen on the wall is about $250 complete(NBN cost, not yours) from what I've read. Depending on version, comes with capacity for two phone lines(replaces copper phone) and three ethernet ports(replace adsl service). YOU just simply plug in your services.

Apart from a 5m, 10m, 20m or 30 metre ethernet cable from the local $2 shop(@$1/m), you will need to spend SFA as you will just plug the cable into your computer or a port on your existing multi-port adsl modem/router(the adsl part will now be unneeded). When your adsl modem/router boxen finally dies, you just buy a hub/switch for your needs. 4 ports 10/100 are under $50. I think 1Gb 8 ports are under or near $100 as well.

Any other cost will come from arse-hole data cablers who think they are going to make a fortune and will tell you that it is illegal for you to thread a ethernet cable through a hole in the wall and try and gouge you for running the $30(max) ethernet cable.

That $5,000 figure has been around for a while and was an off he cuff estimated to install some better than basic "data" wiring into a new house frame.

The only extra cost I'll look into is expanding the battery backup(10hours?) for the once in a decade 24 hour blackout.

Caveat, you need a power point inside close to the wall boxen.

The cost i'm refering to is upgrading from FTTN to FTTP

Um, i think the $5000 is probably to cover the fiber that runs from the node to you house. You seem to have forgotten that vital part in you incorrect rant.

The real cost lies in getting the hundreds of meters in some cases of fiber pulled through pits and the connected to premise. Or worst case having a new pit dug.

The inside of premise cost are the cheap part. Still $500-$1000 (parts + labour) depending on contractor

Hence why Libs idea is an expensive one.

The cost i'm refering to is upgrading from FTTN to FTTP

Um, i think the $5000 is probably to cover the fiber that runs from the node to you house. You seem to have forgotten that vital part in you incorrect rant.

The real cost lies in getting the hundreds of meters in some cases of fiber pulled through pits and the connected to premise. Or worst case having a new pit dug.

The inside of premise cost are the cheap part. Still $500-$1000 (parts + labour) depending on contractor

Hence why Libs idea is an expensive one.

Now I'm with you, you are saying if we go the libs version then in the future that we are all going to have to shell out the inflated equivalent of $5,000 to finally replace the copper with fibre.

Hmm, my connection is in all new(less then 3 years old conduit from the pillar to home(<300 metres), so it will be significantly cheaper.

to home(<300 metres), so it will be significantly cheaper.

Yet again proving there is no greater interest than self interest.

Like F. U. jack I'm alright.

It's just got me how anyone can defend the libs plan, even of cost. The media have caned it, big business have caned. Certainly IT industry have canned it, but what would they know:rolleyes: but there is still some out there :deadhorse2:

Have media really canned it?

I really only see any news or current affairs shit on C9 and I don't think I've heard anyone on that channel can the Libs plan. I have heard them suggest it could be better but they keep coming back to catch phrases like "costs less" "operates similar" and "finished sooner" which the monkeys seem to think make it a great idea.

For sure there is some sections of the media that have, but overall (in the media) it's not a winner. Even our local Liberal Party Gazette, err I mean Cairns Post, another Murdoch publication canned it. And that is saying something.

We are suppose to be NBN switched on in Aug/Sept this year. I wonder if Tony can come and explain it all to me (can't have Rupe here I'm scared he'll keel over and I'd get the blame).

Care to share provider, plan and cost?

I might as well start looking at roaming options for travel.

Skymesh is the provider and its 20 gig peak and 20 gig offpeak, and its $39.95 a month. Other upside is we can get a phone line for $10 a month connection through the wireless modem versus telstras about twice the price

To all the blind liberals in the audience

The Real Cost of the LNP Fraudband

Shadow communications minister Malcolm Turnbull said at a doorstop interview today that a fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) policy for the National Broadband Network (NBN) could possibly end up costing around the same as the current fibre to the premises (FTTP) policy in the long run.

So to clarify. It's finished 1 year quicker, 75% slower and will cost the same... Good plan!

How the **** can it cost the same amount?

Oh is that because he's done the figures of the labor plan and worked out that it's now $240billion to implement?

It makes sense if you know the deatils.

They will have to build more power station to run all the nodes. 60,000 + cabinets @ 20KW each. It will be a massively power hungry system, which will be paid for in the wholesale price and therefore the retails price.

At the customer end, you will pay more for less.

LNP are still unable to privide the details of how they came up with $94bn for labours plan abd only $30bn for their own. Regardless if Turnbull now admits it will cost the same anyway. He is saying it will cost $94bn ($44bn in the real world) to get a lesser product.

Well there goes Victoria's hope of having the NBN. We aren't allowed to build more power stations and use the nearly endless supply of coal to generate that power despite it being the cheapest and most effective method of generating power because it's a little dirty.

It makes sense if you know the deatils.

They will have to build more power station to run all the nodes. 60,000 + cabinets @ 20KW each. It will be a massively power hungry system,....

Great that'll put the blasted carbon tax up!!

You can stick ya NBN where the sun don't shine. :confused2:

Or don't vote liberal and it won't matter. FTTP is a passive networks. It doesn't require powered nodes and therefore won't cause any increase in power bills or carbon emmission/tax

Vote Labour and all these problems disappear.

Now I'm with you, you are saying if we go the libs version then in the future that we are all going to have to shell out the inflated equivalent of $5,000 to finally replace the copper with fibre.

Hmm, my connection is in all new(less then 3 years old conduit from the pillar to home(<300 metres), so it will be significantly cheaper.

The problem with that is. The $5000 is a conservative figure. BT in UK is charging $7000 for upgrade to fiber. They have much cheaper labour rates and much shorter dustances. 300m in fancy conduit is still going to hurt under coalition plan.

Latest posts

Back