Need a Laugh?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

Reaction score
I had my left rear tyre fall off my car yesterday. I was only doing about 5km/h when it came off so minimal damage was done. Need new return springs, pads, dust covers etc. I have chased up the local nissan dealer for the parts. Total cost of $190 with parts in Melb and Syd so i wont get them until Tues or Wed.

Now the funny part. I was told buy the Salesperson in service and parts that "wheels coming off of Patrols has been a problem for a while. Its now becoming a problem with Navaras as well. Nissan have recommended that wheel nut torque tension should be checked every 100km". :big_smile: That would mean I'd have to check mine daly!

Seriously WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm heading of to Autobarn to get new Studs and Nuts. 24 to go strait on and 6 to go in the spare parts box.

Last edited:
That's bloody ridiculous. On a long trip hauling our caravan around - where we'll do 1,000km a day or more - I am NOT getting out and applying a torque wrench to the 24 nuts on the Navara or the 20 nuts on the caravan.

They are supposed to stay on. Nearly 50,000km on my Navara in just over a year and they haven't budged, I doubt they will start now anyway.

I'm going to amuse myself by asking the service mangler at the local Nissan dealership about loose wheel nuts.

If it's every 100km, that really ought to be a recall job.

My guess is that's the excuse given by one dealer to move the focus away from him either not knowing the real answer or not wanting to admit the real answer.

Thanks arnie, that did make me laugh. I've owned 5 cars in my life, don't own a torque wrench and haven't had a wheel fall off.

alloys or steel rims? Patrols tend to only loose them with the alloys and the nuts dont seem to go on far enough.

I was running my alloys at the time. I run two sets of tyres. Alloys for run arounds and steel rims for off roading. My brother who has an '07 running steel rims had his right rear wheel come loose and shag his studs 6 months ago. I'm thinking its got to be the alloy nuts seeing as thats the common part between the two incidents.

I'm going to change all my studs and nuts for new steel ones.

Latest posts

Back