need help on my 03 d22 zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
hi I just got back from our holiday with the family and I needed to do a oil/filter change on the zd30 03 d22. the car was make a odd nocking sound (witch I think is the tension pully) but not all the time and the oil light didn't come on. I have done the oil/ filter change but cant seem to get the oil to go to the bottom of the engine. i have put 7l of oil and its not showing up on the dipstick.

It takes 5 minutes or more for cold oil to drain to the sump and they hold 7.5 ltrs.

Hey Fella's, no need to get hot tempered about it.
I'm interested in this also as it does cost far too much to have it done by a workshop.
so just how much oil is needed for a full oil and filter change ?
the full mark on the dip stick isn't the greatest on the ZD30 motor and I've read where the full level should be kept well under the mark.

So can anyone tell me what I need to do or what's wrong with the nav? I need the car for work and I'm afraid to start it as there is still no oil showing up on the dipstik.

if you that worried, remove the sump plug and let the oil drain into a clean container as you can put this oil back into the engine if kept clean. this way you will be guaranteed that the oil did go right into the engine sump and not half way down. 10 minute job.

As above.

The dipsticks on these dont give great indication.

I'll stick my head in here again and hope it doesn't get bitten off.
I have found that after an oil and filter change it is hard to see any oil on the dip stick. New oil I guess is hard to see.
If your dip stick is the same as mine, you have the little twisted bit at the end with the low and full marks, and with new oil it's hard to see a mark but if I dip it a few times you will see it.
If there's no oil at all then you must have a big oil stain on ya driveway.
Is there oil everywhere under the motor ?
Is there oil in ya radiator ?
Take the sump plug out, and see what comes out.
Cheers and now I need a beer. all of that just hurt my brain :cheers!:

The tube the dipstick goes in are normally just pushed into the block so it's possible it's worked it's way out off the block. Yeah 3 days should be plenty long enough.

my dipstick does the same thing also, its not just pushed in but needs a little twisting before its in all the way, always have been like that.
and i agree the dipstick is not to be trusted, the yd25 takes 4.3 litres to full according to the manuals but for the dipstick to reach full it needs 4.7+ and all the excesive oil gets thrown out the ventilation making a big mess in the turbo-intercooler.

sorry for the late reply. I cant work out why my dipstick still dosent show any oil in it. I opened the drain plug and all the oil I put in came out so it was going to the bottom after all. so now I made sure that I put in the correct amount of oil in it and don't worry about it. thanks for all your help and advice.

Back