need help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo

Reaction score
hey ive just recently got in to 4x4 ive been though a few water crossings and my car makes a squeeling noise it stops after awhile im not sure if its just water on the belts should i be concerned can anyone help me out?

hey ive just recently got in to 4x4 ive been though a few water crossings and my car makes a squeeling noise it stops after awhile im not sure if its just water on the belts should i be concerned can anyone help me out?

Are you missing the rubber covers between the wheel arch and engine bay?

the covers are still on between the engine and wheel arches. The sounds coming from under the bonnet not at the rear... Any more ideas? Last time it dissapeared after 20-30 minutes of constant driving (speed sitting on 100kmph). Tonight, its still doing it but I haven't driven it for a long period of time, just 10 minutes here and there, i just went for another drive and its still doing it. Its not as loud when idling but when your accelerating its high pitched sort of squealing noise and again when staying at constant speed its not too loud, louder then what it is when idling but not as loud as accelerating. Is it a chance it could be coming from the turbo? I have a snorkel though so I don't know how it would be able to be that.. Also when i went through the water it wouldn't happen straight away it would 30-50 seconds before it started. I went through one puddle and it started after the 30-50 seconds and then through another. When I went through the next one it stopped for about a 1-2 minutes and then started again... Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated, I'm starting to get a bit nervous :\

Alternator bearings? How deep was the water? Have you looked for the noise with the bonnet open at idle?

Mine makes a light squealing noise when the belts are cold. After the engine gets a little warmth in it the thing quietens down. Could yours be belt noise, or are we talking "finger-nails-on-the-blackboard" kind of squealing?

Latest posts

Back