need more power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting more power is easy, just chip it.
however getting it to last, and in the case of the zd30 not blow up, that can be a different story.

Yeh thought so was hoping there may have been and cheaper alternative
Bit hard with a wife and child that love to spend money haha
Do chips void warranty

only if they know that youve had one on. most can just be unplugged and removed. the steinbauer has a wire going down and tapping into a wire on ur accelerator pedal

getting more power is easy, just chip it.
however getting it to last, and in the case of the zd30 not blow up, that can be a different story.

G'day tweak'e, I'm just curious; seeing as the ZD30 is non common rail, what do you reckon it is about chipping them that contributes to premature failure? Is it excessive combustion temps/ EGT's from over fuelling leading to melted pistons etc. or just more power causing increased wear on components?

I know guys that have done over 400k with a chip and no problems i reackon you just have to take care of it and it will take care of tou

zd30 is well known for grenading pistons. the navara being lower powered than the patrol is probably why we don't see as many failures in the navara compared to the patrol.
adding extra fuel means more heat to the pistons. thats why i would do anything you can to keep them cool. intercooling would be top of my list.

edit: don't forget with a diesel you only pour in more fuel when you put the boot into it. so a lot will depend on how you drive it.

Hmm ok tweak'e now i get you you reckon running an intercooler will keep low ext

The ZD30 in the patrol has different turbo, different ECU and due to weight probably more time under load.

The 3.0 TDi Patrol was woeful in terms of life expectancy - hence being called a grenade.

I personally don't know a Navara that has died of the same thing, where I know personally of more than 20 Patrols that have burned pistons, some owners being hit more than once, and one owner had the problem 3 times.

i can look through our dealer history not Nissan. mines done 1 and 3 ive still gotta strip the bottom end we have seen all 4 crack. yes we saw alot more patrols but we have had a few navaras as well. No chip fitted, egr block and custom dump and exhaust. i didnt have egt because i was to lazy.

Latest posts

Back