Need to borrow a hole saw for snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazman

Reaction score
Gday gents

Need to borrow a hole saw so I can put my snorkel on. Really don't want to buy one to drill the one hole.

Has anyone got one I can borrow? Pretty sure its meant to be a 90mm (guessing thats an 89 from a sparkies kit)

Genuine nissan item for the d22

Happy to pick up and drop back off in melbourne

Cheers

Faz

I did mine and a mates using a jigsaw with a metal blade (ie cuts metal) drill a starting hole on the circle you intend to cut, blade in and away you go. After all it's not going to be viable afterwards as it will be behind the snorkel so how perfect does it need to be so long as you file it smooth afterwards and paint the exposed edge.

Hey mate, I got the set from bunnings, $20. It wrecked the hole saw but got through nice and neat. It came with a 89mm and that was perfect for genuine nissan snorkel.

Ill go back to bunnings and have a look

Couldn't see any cheapies wheb u was there

In terms of the jigsaw, did you mask the panel up to buggery to stop it scratching where the jigsaw base plate sits

Nah, just sat the plate on an old rag so that there was no metal to plate contact

My hot tip - dont buy cheap hole saw sets, get an auger and a proper hole saw in the size you need, you will thank your self later. Those bastards cut through anything if you have a decent drill and know what you're doing. ive got quite a few sizes now just from buying one when i need an exact size for a specific job, they are handy to have.
Failing that, the jigsaw idea sounds intriguing, but i cant say i'v ever used one on car panels so can't comment.

Latest posts

Back