New 2006 D22 Navara Owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveK

Reaction score
G'day guys.

I've been wanting to buy a 4x4 ute for a while as I've gone out fwding with a mate in his D40 before and I've loved it ever since.
I've just made a deal with a bloke for a 2006 D22 that has only done 43333 km which he's agreed to so I'm cheerin as I'm soon to be a Navara owner myself!

Now I guess this is where all you guys come in as I'm in the process of researching different types of suspension/body lift kits, bullbars, wheels and tyres, bash plates, flood lights, etc. to start modding the truck. So the first port of call for me is the suspension as I've read that the stock shocks are rubbish for the D22. Does anyone have any opinion when it come to what suspension lift kit would be good for off-road stuff?? Been looking at OME, Tough Dog and Rancho.

Also what height of lift would be good as well? I'm looking at 3" lift merely for clearance sake as that's what my mate has as well, but would I be better off getting a 2" lift instead and just getting bigger tyres?

Any advice you guys could give me would be great.
Cheers,
Steve.

I reckon a 2" lift and 32" tyres are the best bang for the buck (and maybe a body lift as well if you want more height) for the Navs but some disagree :)

Back