New 2015 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engines are new - two diesels 2.3 l one single turbo and the other twin turbo. 140kW and 450Nm for twin turbo and single turbo is 118/403.
Don't see myself trading my 550 on it ...

Engines are new - two diesels 2.3 l one single turbo and the other twin turbo. 140kW and 450Nm for twin turbo and single turbo is 118/403.
Don't see myself trading my 550 on it ...

didnt know Nissan had actually released what power they would be getting from the cummins engine yet, when did that happen?

News to me also I have been following everything and have not seen anything about the claimed power. Does vw use a twin turbo in the Amorok?.You still cannot replace cubes in the long run.

Have a look at caradvice.com.au - they even driven a new Navara over in Thailand. Lots of pictures available. Author claims new Navara has multilink rear suspension and you can clearly see leafs in the pics :).
Apparently there is a coil rear suspension on offer as well ?
Utilitrak is missing in the tub.
I think Nissan will try and sell it as a big cube engine as opposed to 2.0 Amarok :)
VW is twin turbo also.

Last edited:
This was on Mr4x4 face book! Almost make me want one!

Attachments

• image-427038517.jpg
    image-427038517.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 143
Have a look at caradvice.com.au - they even driven a new Navara over in Thailand. Lots of pictures available. Author claims new Navara has multilink rear suspension and you can clearly see leafs in the pics :).
Apparently there is a coil rear suspension on offer as well ?
Utilitrak is missing in the tub.
I think Nissan will try and sell it as a big cube engine as opposed to 2.0 Amarok :)
VW is twin turbo also.

yeah didnt realise they had actually come to a final decision on power figures but look like they have.

They will prob leave some room to pump up the figures with future models like they did with the current D40, Nissan always new what they could get out of the yd engine but kept coming out with more power to keep people interested and to keep claiming "the most powerful tradie" tag, you watch in two or three models it will be up higher then the current 147kw figures.
They may even do it after Yota release the new Lux, so they can try and one up them.

If it is 2.3lt I would never buy another one, regardless of how much power or torque they claim has been screwed out of it.

yeah didnt realise they had actually come to a final decision on power figures but look like they have.

They will prob leave some room to pump up the figures with future models like they did with the current D40, Nissan always new what they could get out of the yd engine but kept coming out with more power to keep people interested and to keep claiming "the most powerful tradie" tag, you watch in two or three models it will be up higher then the current 147kw figures.
They may even do it after Yota release the new Lux, so they can try and one up them.

Australia's most powerful tradie was referring to V9X 3.0 six which set the benchmark at 170kW/550Nm - it seems unlikely that new 2.3 four will eclipse that ?

the v9x dosen't meet the new emisions guide lines but the have said they will produce another engine at a later date with the same power, It's probably a stratergy so that when the other makes come up with something new then that's when nissan pulls out another ace. (bigger motor)

Australia's most powerful tradie was referring to V9X 3.0 six which set the benchmark at 170kW/550Nm - it seems unlikely that new 2.3 four will eclipse that ?

They were claiming that long before the V6 came out, they were claiming that with the v6 petrol in the early days then again when they first brought out the 147kw 4cyl yd version and continued on after that power was matched by others when nissan released the v6 diesel.

They dont have to "eclipse" 170kw to continue to claim it either, they only need to beat others in their class.
I still think you will see in coming models the power figures get higher then with the first model, as it used as a selling point from previous models.
"look at what we have done to our all new 2018 model blah blah"

the v9x dosen't meet the new emisions guide lines but the have said they will produce another engine at a later date with the same power, It's probably a stratergy so that when the other makes come up with something new then that's when nissan pulls out another ace. (bigger motor)

yep, exactly what i mean.

V9X is a Renault engine so I would guess cost and emissions might sit behind Nissans decision to drop it from Navara.
New NP300 ( D23 in Australia) Navara will still retain improved YD25 for some markets (euro4 and bellow) and for euro5 markets (Australia) they are introducing YS23 which is based on YD25. YS23 interestingly features electrical variable oil pump for further savings in fuel consumption .
As for most powerful ute title after Navara 550 I would probably bet on Amarok if it does finally get released with a 3l six - 180kW/600nm.

Last edited:
image.jpg

There are two versions of rear suspension arrangements for D23.

Last edited:
V9X is a Renault engine so I would guess cost and emissions might sit behind Nissans decision to drop it from Navara.
New NP300 ( D23 in Australia) Navara will still retain improved YD25 for some markets (euro4 and bellow) and for euro5 markets (Australia) they are introducing YS23 which is based on YD25. YS23 interestingly features electrical variable oil pump for further savings in fuel consumption .
As for most powerful ute title after Navara 550 I would probably bet on Amarok if it does finally get released with a 3l six - 180kW/600nm.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the new engine a "CUMMINS" so if it is its not based on the yd25 at all.
I thought i read somwhere that the yd25 was also a Renault / Nissan calibration, but im not 100% on where i read it so that could also be wrong.

It is pretty certain that D23 will later be accompanied by an SUV version as the likes of MU-X , Challanger or Everest.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the new engine a "CUMMINS" so if it is its not based on the yd25 at all.
I thought i read somwhere that the yd25 was also a Renault / Nissan calibration, but im not 100% on where i read it so that could also be wrong.

Nissan and Cummins were working on 2.8 diesel Frontier (and possibly Titan) and prototypes were shown to public. Not sure what happened with that - YS23 seems to be downsized version of YD25 . Nissan have probably used Renault expertise to improve it but it is originally a Nissan design afaik.

Allright!! Where do get this sort of info from. citation needed :)

Interesting piece on the electrically variable oil pump, not so much for the fuel savings but an oil pump that runs before the turn of the key would be a wonderful advancement.

Latest posts

Back