new clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigger al

Reaction score
Ok guys its time for a new clutch 2.5 6 speed 06 d40 161,000 ks and just about gone and that's with a lot of towing as well, there,s been a lot of talk on hear about clutches but who fitted one and what did you use,the good and the bad. cheers AL

I have just clicked over 300, 000 kms and am just now in need of a new clutch in the 2007 dx40 diesel 6 speed. I think i am one of the lucky ones going that far without replacing it. I am looking at an exedy with a solid mass fly wheel. I have been looking on ebay and can buy the kit for around $590 from the UK or over $1000 from australia. I am interested what others have to say before I purchase one.

Just about to do mine with 250'000 on the clock ! is it right the zd30 doesn't have a solid mass fly wheel ? Do you need to replace the fly wheel or can you machine them ? cheers

Yeah its single mass. Machine it if you need to. And have a look at the rear main seal - gear box must come out to get at it so may be worth doing now.

ahh ok one bit of good news there nakedape, so a heavy duty one goes in. yes I will look at rear main and spigot bush will be done - twas thinking of looking at the box too, maybe a bearing kit and 1st 2nd syncro's as well ? maybe ! i'll get another to drive it and see what they think about that ! they do have a spigot bush -yes???

Has anyone put a clutch in from yd25.com.au they seem to be a good price at $990 he seems to have pretty good gear.

Just a word to the wise, I have gone through a lot of trouble rebuilding a previous gearbox and my advice now is that if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Old noisy gearboxes don't actually get a lot quieter when you replace all the bearings.

Also, if the original clutch gave you more than 150ks, it may be worth also pricing up a original one for a replacement, that is a very reasonable amount of driving from a clutch.

Well I bit the bullet and put the yd25.com .au clutch in and I must say what a difference the old clutch was stuffed, the only thing you have to do is bed the new clutch in for half an hour and then you get the adjustment right, for 990 bucks it was the cheapest clutch kit I could find and they haven't skimped on quality it comes balanced and it shows in the driving no vibration in the drive train you do get the single mass noise but that go,s at about 2000 rpm

Your a fan of the YD25.com.au clutch? I'm not liking it at all! Shudders like hell underload and being a chipped engine under full noise it rattles like hell from 1800-2500rpm. Im taking it back and hitting the bloke up to rectify the fault.

Your a fan of the YD25.com.au clutch? I'm not liking it at all! Shudders like hell underload and being a chipped engine under full noise it rattles like hell from 1800-2500rpm. Im taking it back and hitting the bloke up to rectify the fault.
Have,nt had mine under load yet so it will be interesting to see how it go,s thanks for posting that info,cheers Al

Well gunning drove the ute this morning and your right, my clutch is doing the same thing ,it will be interesting what Paul has to say he seems to be a very honest chap so I think the outcome will be OK.

Latest posts

Back