New D21 owner on here!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just wanted to say gday and get to know some people as I'll be on here quite a bit trying to get info on my D21!!
I've had it for about 6 months and it hasnt run yet!! I bought a D21 with a td27 turbo in it, good running gear and motor but was a prospecting car so the body is in less than good condition. I've bought another D21 with a blown td25 in good condition so the plan is the swap the engine over and have one good one! I have done a few engine swaps before but never a diesel!! Should make it easy having the engine coming from the same car.

Any one know of anything I should look out for? It looks like the engine mounts, etc are the same so hopefully it'll be as easy as changing the bell housing (both 5 speed manuals) and bolt it in!!

Cheers for any help!!

Drew

Hi Drew, welcome to the forums. Pro-Nav will be your mentor on here! Ha ha. Checkout his build thread.

G'day Drew and welcome.

Sounds like a pretty cool package you've got there. The TD25 is just a smaller bore TD27, and there is no difference between the TD27 and TD27T besides the turbo and associated parts, so you're looking at a really easy straight bolt-in swap. As far as I'm aware you don't even have to change bellhousings or if you do, they bolt to the same gearbox so you're set either way.

Something easy and simple for once! Nice finds, I'm jealous.

Stay in touch, and please start a build log if that kind of thing interests you. They're great for others to read and great to read back yourself in a year or so's time.

Cheers for the reply guys, hoping to get it finished soon.

Pro-Nav - I might start a build log shortly, got a few photos and things, just got the 2.7 and gearbox out at the moment and going to start on the 2.5 shortly. Got the two cars pretty cheap - the one with the 2.7 for $600 and the 2.5 for $800 so by the end I should have a good cheap little truck!!
I may bug you with a few questions down the track so I apoligise in advance!!

Drew

Hi Drew. I'm in a similar situation, wanting to swap my SD25 for a TD27T down the road. ProNav is a keen D21 fan so I'm sure he'll be of help. I look forward to reading your build log.

G'day Drew, and welcome aboard, good to have another D21 on the forum,
Like Pro Nav said "...I'm jealous" been lookin for a TD27T for a while as a replacement for a tired Z24 and times runnin out. Plenty of help and encouragement here mate, enjoy,
Pete

Youll enjoy the difference. I know i did/am. Can't wait to see some pics.

Yeah, cant wait to get it back on the road. Will throw some pics up soon, not much to see at the moment just a D21 with no engine!

Back