new d22 speedo out by 10%+

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you fit that size rubber under there without a lift?

If you're talking about 265/75/16... I've heard mixed feedback about it. Some people reported rubbing without a lift, and others had no issues. Mine got fitted at the same time as the tires, so i've never had any dramas.

... conspiracy theorists would say it's to get you back into the dealership for a service sooner.

Funny how pronounced it is on newer units though - I've driven a few old Nissans with cable speedo drives now and they can be pretty close to 100% accurate, and it's only easier with modern electronic speedo drive to get it right.

Can you fit that size rubber under there without a lift?

Some people say yes, some people say no and some people say it depends upon how shagged the stock suspension is.

I had my lift fitted first and then my bigger tyres so I can't say for sure.

Nissan do know about this issue 100% as they have released a bulletin to there dealers ages ago stating that they are out. they are within the 10% variance allowed by adr so they simply dont care. my dealer told me bigger tyrea will fix it, i then said what about warranty with bigger tyres he said it wont make a difference unless its drivetrain related. Cockstain. fancy way of not saying it will void your warranty.
This is the first nissan ive ever owned and its not a bad car but i have grown to hate nissan with all my heart they are the biggest bunch of dicks to deal with. i would never buy another brand new nissan just so i didnt have to talk to there bullshit artists ..end rant lol

Believe it or not a lot of newer patrols come with the same issues. As a matter of fact a lot of luxes and hi-aces at work, have a simlar issue, 5-10% out. Who knows.

Adr's specify there can be up to a +10% error margin, so the speed can read 10% above your speed, but not below. It is pretty slack even for the adr's to have such an error allowance, but car manufacturers get it 10% out and just say oh well, that's what the rues state it can be. It is pretty sad given the technology we have now that they can't get it to read closer. At least you won't get done speeding if you sit on the indicated speed, lol.

The only issue with putting bigger tyres on is the odometer reading will be out, it will say you have travelled less km than you actually have.

interesting , iwas wondering if the 10% ment that when our cars have traveled 100000 ks acording to the kilometre reading in the dash does that mean that we have only done in actual fact only 93000 ks therefore instead of being out of warenty we would actualy realy have a further 7000 ks of warenty left, and just because the spedo says we have run out when the moter blows up nissan should have to replace it . could be an issue for consumer affairs ,MAYBE any thoughts?

interesting , iwas wondering if the 10% ment that when our cars have traveled 100000 ks acording to the kilometre reading in the dash does that mean that we have only done in actual fact only 93000 ks therefore instead of being out of warenty we would actualy realy have a further 7000 ks of warenty left, and just because the spedo says we have run out when the moter blows up nissan should have to replace it . could be an issue for consumer affairs ,MAYBE any thoughts?

Asking my dealer at next service to answer that question for sure!

Ive done a search and couldnt find much have a 2012 d22 and noticed it seemed really slow at 60km and everyone seemed to be going faster than me lol. i gps tested it and it is 7 km/h slow at 60km/h. anyone else have this

d22s are meant to run 33 inch tyres ;) should be about right then :rock:

Hmmmmmm....I'd say a post or two hs vanished from this thread, if I didnt know any better.

Emailed my dealer today to ask the question since we are fighting about the lack of child restraint points. ( told the D22 had em when I ordered it).
All I have so far is a read receipt and a lot of silence!

Hmmmmmm....I'd say a post or two hs vanished from this thread, if I didnt know any better.

yeah, just a few lol

on another note, you guys fitting bigger tyres might want to check your odometer reading. with the speedo being "out" there's a very good chance the odometer still reads correctly and but putting bigger tyres on the speedo is "correct" but the odometer is now incorrect by the same percentage the speedo was.

on that note, because the odometer now probably reads less km than you have actually done you can extend your warranty, lol. just make sure you have stock tyres on when you take it in for any warranty issues, lol

yeah, just a few lol

on another note, you guys fitting bigger tyres might want to check your odometer reading. with the speedo being "out" there's a very good chance the odometer still reads correctly and but putting bigger tyres on the speedo is "correct" but the odometer is now incorrect by the same percentage the speedo was.

on that note, because the odometer now probably reads less km than you have actually done you can extend your warranty, lol. just make sure you have stock tyres on when you take it in for any warranty issues, lol

Does the odometer work off the speedo? Mine is the same as these guys, says 120KMPH when doing 110KMPH, ill have to conduct some experiments ;)

Also would the bigger tyres fit on the same rims?

You'll get different answers on that. Some say their Odo is correct because it like so much other stuff it runs off the ECU but I know my odo is out by the exact 9% that my speedo is.

You'll get different answers on that. Some say their Odo is correct because it like so much other stuff it runs off the ECU but I know my odo is out by the exact 9% that my speedo is.

just did a trip camping, reset my KMS on the gps and odo, only 2 kms out so the odometer is reading correct but the speedo is 10kmph out at 110 kmph

Latest posts

Back