new d22 st-r

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
Hi everyone im thinking about buying a brand new 2009 2.5 litre turbo diesel. st-r

Main reason is i go away water skiing and im sick of my v6 commodore stuggling to tow a 1.6t boat plus all the gear i take away camping. So you could say around 2t.

I have been in a old mates navara i think around 2003 model.

I know there is about 10kw less than the older model but is there much difference in power between the 2 and is it still a really good buy?
I can get one at the moment for $33300 on road.

I guess then i need a tow bar, and a bull bar for protection from kanags.

Then if i got any cash i want the rear canopy on the back so i can fill t up with camping equipment etc.

I noticed with the brand new st-r they come with dual batteries. Does anyone know how this is wired up and if the battery is a deep cycle etC?

is there anything else i need to know as i have never had a 4wd.
if you have any advice please say so

A mate of mine tows 2800kgs of boat and gear no problems with his 3.0 D22, he has fitted electric brakes though.

I have just fitted a 2 3/4 inch exhaust to mine, has made the world of difference. If you are going to be doing a bit of towing I would recommend this as one of the first things you do.

Welcome to the forums.

yeah in summer i will be doing a lot of towing. prob every 2nd weekend. about 3 hours drive.

Does the exhuast make it a lot louder though? I would rather it quite if i can.

Do the new Navaras have Trans coolers?

Ah looks like u have the 2.5 aswell.. Did you get much more power from the exhuast? how much did it cost u.

Also did yours come with the dual batteries or was yours a add on?

The new exhaust is not much louder, just a little but only at certain RPM, you can accelerate through it quite quickly if you want. It was about $1200 delivered from Beaudesert Exhaust, installed it myself. I noticed the increase in power immediately. Reduced turbo lag at low revs and is much easier to drive. I wouldn't know exact increase details without doing dyno's.

Mine didn't come with dual batteries, I installed the system myself. My D22 was built in Japan, the newer ones with the stock dual batteries are built in Thailand.

Latest posts

Back