New d22 str Deal is it too good to be true!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the STR is a great buy, nearly done a deal here in Brisbane for $30,000.

But I am glad I thought about it overnight and decided on a D40 ST, better vehicle in my opinion, more power, 6 spd, more creature comforts and bigger. I done a great deal on mine.

I did however get the dealership to fit the child restraints, price was around $350-$400, I figure its easier for them to do it and if there is ever an issue then its there problem.

I pick my new D40 up on Wednesday.

If you dont mind what is a d40 worth

Hey everyone,

congratulations on a great deal! I have sold Toyota in Brisbane for 5+ years and recently moved to Mackay where I accepted an offer from the local Nissan dealership. Over the past week I've been learning about the Nissan range that I have successfully sold against for years and have gained a new respect for them on a few different levels.

While I don't profess to be a mechanical genius (not by any stretch, as a matter of fact) I do like to understand a products strengths and weaknesses and find it useful to be able to talk from experience when it comes to working with my customers to find the right car for their needs and wants. Given the type of market that Mackay represents, I saw the Navara range as one of the most important models to really get a 'feel' for, and have spent most of my time understanding the different levels of specification and what they offer prospective purchasers....

Which leads me to my registration here, and my post in this thread. A week before my relocation from Hope Island on the Gold Coast, I wrote my WRX off - so, a new car was on the cards for me. After a couple of days in the new D40 STX 550 premium I was blown away - the torque in that vehicle is very, VERY addictive, and the ride is AWESOME for a commercial - but surplus to my requirements. So, next I took a S5 D40 ST (arguably the best value of the bunch at the moment!!!) and enjoyed the car - solidly built, nice ride, well appointed - and the PRICE!!!! Wow.... It is about to be replaced by the S6 though, which is essentially the current STX.... So, a great vehicle and an even better value proposition, but not for me somehow....

But then, to my genuine surprise I crossed paths with the STR.... Yes, I'd seen plenty of them over the years, but just never paid them too much attention. Being my business to take notice of them now though, I decided to grab the keys, force down my preconceptions of the model and take one for the weekend... Guys, I just found my new car!

I'm going for the Qld'er pack, jap built SE STR in white with towbar, tonneau, mats, color coded steel bullbar, ute liner, headlight & bonnet protectors, weathershields, chip it upgrade with exhaust, cruise control, remote locking, color coded grille, color coded rear step and window tint. I have found myself on a tour all weekend to familiarize myself with the area, but also cos I just LOVE driving the little Nav.... It makes me smile, I'm not really sure why exactly - it's pretty basic - I just like it.... It's got some sort of inherent, nostalgic personality that seems to just be 'content' with itself.... It's not trying to be something it's not....

A tad over$30k for a base dual cab ute with the lot, roadside assist, 3 year warranty, 6 year capped price servicing and a bulletproof reputation, plus among the best resale value I've ever seen on any vehicle currently available in Australia.... what more could a buyer ask for?!

I don't mean for this post to be a 'spruik'.... I have always turned to online forums for advice and information (I recognize Lindsay @ Northside 4x4 from a couple of other boards I'm on) and can see myself being quite an enthusiastic D22 owner. I'll be frequenting the board to learn from you and as a bonus if I can help anyone here with parts, buying/negotiation advice or a deal, I'm happy to help :) (provided the mods don't have a problem with this!)

Anyway, congrats again to the OP.... I hope all goes well with your handover! Enjoy :)

Last edited:
I just traded up to a 2012 d22. My previous car was a 2008 feb build d22 with 58000 ks on the clock. I got the 2011 with tow bar, tonnaue cover and bonnet protector for just $5,500 changeover. They even switched my reverse camera over to the new one and gave me a full tank of fuel. Great deal.

Just checked paperwork and says build dec11 but compliance jan12. Vin number starts ad jn1 so I am guessing it's Japanese ?

Hey everyone,

congratulations on a great deal! I have sold Toyota in Brisbane for 5+ years and recently moved to Mackay where I accepted an offer from the local Nissan dealership. Over the past week I've been learning about the Nissan range that I have successfully sold against for years and have gained a new respect for them on a few different levels.

While I don't profess to be a mechanical genius (not by any stretch, as a matter of fact) I do like to understand a products strengths and weaknesses and find it useful to be able to talk from experience when it comes to working with my customers to find the right car for their needs and wants. Given the type of market that Mackay represents, I saw the Navara range as one of the most important models to really get a 'feel' for, and have spent most of my time understanding the different levels of specification and what they offer prospective purchasers....

Which leads me to my registration here, and my post in this thread. A week before my relocation from Hope Island on the Gold Coast, I wrote my WRX off - so, a new car was on the cards for me. After a couple of days in the new D40 STX 550 premium I was blown away - the torque in that vehicle is very, VERY addictive, and the ride is AWESOME for a commercial - but surplus to my requirements. So, next I took a S5 D40 ST (arguably the best value of the bunch at the moment!!!) and enjoyed the car - solidly built, nice ride, well appointed - and the PRICE!!!! Wow.... It is about to be replaced by the S6 though, which is essentially the current STX.... So, a great vehicle and an even better value proposition, but not for me somehow....

But then, to my genuine surprise I crossed paths with the STR.... Yes, I'd seen plenty of them over the years, but just never paid them too much attention. Being my business to take notice of them now though, I decided to grab the keys, force down my preconceptions of the model and take one for the weekend... Guys, I just found my new car!

I'm going for the Qld'er pack, jap built SE STR in white with towbar, tonneau, mats, color coded steel bullbar, ute liner, headlight & bonnet protectors, weathershields, chip it upgrade with exhaust, cruise control, remote locking, color coded grille, color coded rear step and window tint. I have found myself on a tour all weekend to familiarize myself with the area, but also cos I just LOVE driving the little Nav.... It makes me smile, I'm not really sure why exactly - it's pretty basic - I just like it.... It's got some sort of inherent, nostalgic personality that seems to just be 'content' with itself.... It's not trying to be something it's not....

A tad over$30k for a base dual cab ute with the lot, roadside assist, 3 year warranty, 6 year capped price servicing and a bulletproof reputation, plus among the best resale value I've ever seen on any vehicle currently available in Australia.... what more could a buyer ask for?!

I don't mean for this post to be a 'spruik'.... I have always turned to online forums for advice and information (I recognize Lindsay @ Northside 4x4 from a couple of other boards I'm on) and can see myself being quite an enthusiastic D22 owner. I'll be frequenting the board to learn from you and as a bonus if I can help anyone here with parts, buying/negotiation advice or a deal, I'm happy to help :) (provided the mods don't have a problem with this!)

Anyway, congrats again to the OP.... I hope all goes well with your handover! Enjoy :)

several of the dealerships that I came across when doing my rounds advised not to chip the D22, something along the lines of it being de-tuned due to not having a balancing shaft, I was told chipin it would result in engine failure and I should just stick to a snorkel.

Are you able to shed some light on the advise I was given?

Cheers,
Jason

Just checked paperwork and says build dec11 but compliance jan12. Vin number starts ad jn1 so I am guessing it's Japanese ?

So you're really buying a japanese manufactured 2011 model D22.

That is the simple version.

I just traded up to a 2012 d22. My previous car was a 2008 feb build d22 with 58000 ks on the clock. I got the 2011 with tow bar, tonnaue cover and bonnet protector for just $5,500 changeover. They even switched my reverse camera over to the new one and gave me a full tank of fuel. Great deal.
sorry but why would you change to essentially the same vehicle? unless you wanted another color?

sorry but why would you change to essentially the same vehicle? unless you wanted another color?

I've done that a couple of times with my work vehicles. It's nice to have a change sometimes even if it isn't essential and work purchases often come with tax concessions that private purchases don't which helps offset the cost.

i was told that the 2012 build, 2012 compliance wont be available till mid april. If this is correct all the ones being sold now will be a December 11 build, January compliance.

All the D22 are now made in Japan.

NICK

Dealer i am in early discussion with (Peter Stewart Nissan in Warwick, Qld) has stated today that the next lot of D22s have been slated for late March delivery... who knows which is correct?

I am new to this forum. Just about to close the deal on a new d22 str special edition for 32000 on road including bulbar towbar toneau and all the other Bells and whistles that are standard. Looking at other competitors in the market they can't get even close to the value for money. Is there a catch with these utes, anything I should watch out for? Any help would be appreciated

This is my 3rd navara, all were bought new, this one is probably the best I have had, the deal is good, the car is good.

My 06'D22 goes like a champ. Get a good chip and you'll be very happy. Mines a DP chip.

wesso said:
My 06'D22 goes like a champ. Get a good chip and you'll be very happy. Mines a DP chip.

Or not! I don't have a chip and reckon it goes well enough standard. Mine is the 2.5 and once you get used to first gear take off you're gonna be more than pleased with it.

Cheers Brad

2012 January Jap built d22's are already in the country and have been in the car yards for approx 3 weeks now.. They are complianced from what I've seen as March 2012

Latest posts

Back