New d22 zd30 Intercooler kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forefront Industries

2013 & 2014 muster Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys

As some of you may know a few members on navara asia have been helping out with some measurements and waiting for some pics of the first finished prototype WINCH kit installed

I am extremely happy with it! bot kits require absolutely NO holes to be drilled in the bar or rad support...only require minor trimming of some non structural accessories

My goal was to make it look as if it was fitted by the factory ....less hassles from cops

WINCH KIT

Points i noticed during and after first drive:

-absolutely no added lag (this shocked me a bit)
-decent increase in power ( 25degree day here )
-after driving i couldn't hold the turbo side pipe but can easily hold the post cooler pipe
- the kit took me under 40mins to install its VERY easy
- on a hill i drive every day 20 degrees drop in EGT (shocked)

updates : a few members have stated that winch distance from the ac condenser is around 12-13cms and my cooler sits 11cms out....so now im looking at modifying some things to make that 10 cms out

* will need some winch members help in regards to where they want the power steering cooler fitted? i fitted it down low (as seen in pics) but i think it may still hit on some peoples setups?

attachment.php

attachment.php

NON WINCH KIT

shares 60% of the pipes of the winch kit but allows for a bigger cooler

- slight increase in lag
- definitely cooler tank after driving ( core twice as big)
- egts dropped about 30 degrees
- very easy to install

for those wanted to know....I am expecting to have these instock in about 20 days estimate. and at this stage unless something goes horribly wrong a price of around $699 to $799

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1778sff.jpg
    IMG_1778sff.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,868
  • IMG_1758sff.jpg
    IMG_1758sff.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6,011
  • IMG_1762s.jpg
    IMG_1762s.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3,005
Last edited:
Winch kit looks grouse, the way you've got the power steering cooler would definitely fit on mine (factory fitted bar + winch) the extra clearance on the revised version will definitely be welcome, but what youv got looks like it can be massaged in a bit further perhaps? What material are the pipes if I may ask? Cheers forefront, hanging to get mine!

Mate that looks awesome.

i really appreciate that

Winch kit looks grouse, the way you've got the power steering cooler would definitely fit on mine (factory fitted bar + winch) the extra clearance on the revised version will definitely be welcome, but what youv got looks like it can be massaged in a bit further perhaps? What material are the pipes if I may ask? Cheers forefront, hanging to get mine!

yeh the cooler can be moved in more just be adjusting the mounts in closer....10mm is fine but anymore might be pushing it....a few people were worried about the rope not winding on to the drum evenly and hitting the core.....the major problem i have is with the drivers side mount for power steering cooler....i can make a mount but a bet you a million bucks it will work on one car but not 10 others with different winch bars....this might have to be left to the installer to make up???

pipes are alloy sandblasted then annodised my goal was to make a factory looking kit....no hassles from cops

Last edited:
Yeah sweet, I imagine most winch owners will be prepared to be a little bit creative on the install if necessary (I know I am!), as its a bloody difficult job to do from scratch, and other winch friendly fmic's on the market actually require cutting large holes into the bulbar mounts and have piping running through the wheel well! So yours looks the goods afaic! Q; is it possible to get the cooler and piping done in black? If not, no biggie.

Yeah sweet, I imagine most winch owners will be prepared to be a little bit creative on the install if necessary (I know I am!), as its a bloody difficult job to do from scratch, and other winch friendly fmic's on the market actually require cutting large holes into the bulbar mounts and have piping running through the wheel well! So yours looks the goods afaic! Q; is it possible to get the cooler and piping done in black? If not, no biggie.

yeh its near impossible to put it somewhere that makes every winch bar happy

as for black ....only if a bunch of others want it too.. otherwise might need to be sprayed

Looks awesome! you've done a great job. How long until we can get our hands on one and what price are we looking at? if you need any measurements from the standard Nissan steel winch bar i've got one and a Warn 9000XD.

Looks awesome! you've done a great job. How long until we can get our hands on one and what price are we looking at? if you need any measurements from the standard Nissan steel winch bar i've got one and a Warn 9000XD.
details in the OP mate.

I have been watching with interest and waiting for this kit to be released :D

It looks like a pretty top notch bit of gear. Will you be releasing this kit in a tube and fin design rather than bar and plate?

How much would these be selling for, winch compilable

Hi i have all the info in the original post

All info in original post.... DEFINITELY would love your measurements from aircon condensor to winch !

I have been watching with interest and waiting for this kit to be released :D

It looks like a pretty top notch bit of gear. Will you be releasing this kit in a tube and fin design rather than bar and plate?

Appteciate the comments ... If theres enough interest in tube and fin yeh sure why not... Do you prefer it?

I'm working away from home at the moment but I'll be able to get it for you tomorrow arvo mate! That's for Nissan bar and warn winch

Wow only 10cms from condenser to the winch!!! Wow thats close .... I dont think i can accomodate that .... It seems that is a good inch closer then the other ones people have measured for me

Finally got home and measured it up, looks about 135mm on the Nissan bar with Warn winch, If you would like some better photos let me know

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 259

Latest posts

Back