New d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu Roo

Reaction score
Hi there, Just ordered a d22 str and was real happy with the deal.But since I have been reading alot about the clutch problems and am a bit concerned about that.Surely with the d22 being around for as long as it has nissan would have adressed that by now. Is it still a problem or not?

I'm fairly sure the D22 clutch is OK, the problems were on early model D40's.

And welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your quick reponse. If a leprechaun tells me there is no problem, I go with that!

D22 clutches are pretty safe.

ZD30's and YD25's run the same clutch.

If the YD25's had problems, the ZD30's would of shown that before ages ago with there more power.

Clutch is fine
Its the rest of the car you have to look out for.

Cheapest mod

lighters_24.jpg

Good luck and sleep well knowing you have just ordered one !

Geeze I'm a bastard.
I got a lemon yours will be fine they have had 2 years of practice since they first knocked mine up in the back shed in Thailand.

3898189638_1465b43d54.jpg

Hmmmmmmm, Who has the biggest shed in Thailand? Toyota or Nissan. If they were still built in Japan I would be a bit worried at the moment. Thanks for filling me with confidence on my new purchase.Still got time to bail out. Should I?

Some people think I'm joking (See above)
I still have my nuts in the centre console - Proverbially and physically. I have a set of nuts that were holding my torsion arms in for 20k kms that were stripped bare and cost me 5 wheel alignments yet they had factory paint on them to say that they where either checked to be in position or had been torqued correctly. I have a hooked fashioned from a welding electrode covered in saphire blue that obviously came from the paint shop that must have been used for holding panels in place while Dang sprayed them....The fucker drove me nuts for 6 months as it rattled under the carpet against the floor pan and I kept looking underneath!. Steering in a straight line is optional and I obviously forgot to specify that when I ordered the bastard.........
I can drone on for hours but RolloverRodeo yours will be fine......

hey Rollover,

I just purchased a 2011 STR, pick it up on thursday just interested what price you got it for?

Hi Naynay, Drive away with steel bullbar, tubliner, tarp, snorkel, moulded mats and weathershields both sides $32800. Westpoint Nissan Brisbane.
How about you?

I got drive away,

Rhino lining, window tint, protection package for paint and interior, electronic rust proof, moulded mats, weathershields, tray cover

for about 34k drive away without an ABN

was yours with an abn?

hey boys im working overseas at the moment but will be looking for a similar set up in mid june. do you think there will be any 2010 models that they will be trying to get rid of by the end of the financial year or 2011 will be the go?

hey boys im working overseas at the moment but will be looking for a similar set up in mid june. do you think there will be any 2010 models that they will be trying to get rid of by the end of the financial year or 2011 will be the go?

Hey mate, i dont think you will have any sucsess, i picked up my nav yesterday and tried to get my mate the same deal, but mine was the last one for sale in the series 4 they couldnt get anymore in the country they said,

will just have to hang out for season 5

Its all good.

With all the recalls on a D40, its like having a brand new truck. Lol.

Latest posts

Back