New dude from geelong

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nato

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls just posting to say hi.
I havint got a navara yet but im looking around for one. I would like a white str turbo deisel but iv gota sell my commodore wagon first.

Any advice would be great for buying a navara like things to look out for when shopping.
Look forward to getting out on a 4x4 trek one day

Welcome new dude from Geelong!

It's probably best to hunt through some of the D22 threads which already contain "what to look for" information rather than asking the same question again but no doubt someone will find something for you

Welcome mate, im only down the road in werribee, definatly check out the d22 section and you will find heaps of info there about the good the bad and how to go about modifying

Kyle

Welcome to the forum.

The D22 is a good workhorse, good fuel economy, works well off road.

Diesels go for a long time, and something sitting with around 100,000km on the clock is still a youngster. A well-treated oiler should expect 500K+ of lifetime.

Browsing through the D22 sections will give you a lot of info about what to look out for, but really the D22s are solid reliable beasts. They aren't as comfy as the D40 on long trips, but they are a little better off-road thanks to the shorter wheelbase.

It's a good solid vehicle, just watch for signs of oil leaks around the motor, look for blue smoke from the exhaust. If you rub your finger inside the exhaust and smell burnt engine oil, there's a good chance they've added something like Wynns Stop Smoke to make the car behave for sale, but its piston rings or valve guides might be in need of attention. A rebuild of the diesel to rectify this isn't cheap.

Latest posts

Back