new exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macnav05

Reaction score
I'm just about to order a new system for my d40 and was wondering if I need to have a cat converter on or leave it off ? I know its a legal thing but other then that is there any difference . ok cheers

Keep it and a muffler, the d40 ribs a million times better with a muffler.

Look at dea on ebay

internet claims removing the cat improves flow and turbo spools quicker? i dont know i wont remove my cat even if i win some minor advantage, at least it keeps the shit inside so i dont have to breath them in my lungs. cat is not something minor like egr is.

Mike is correct in the D40 many that have fitted a straight pipe get boost spikes and erratic running. You would be a nervous wreck every time you saw a transport inspection too.

Has anybody dealt with DEA Performance? Im looking at ordering one of there 3" turbo back exhaust with cat/muffler. For $620 its a really good price. I thought i read something in a forum a little while back and people were saying they were having trouble fitting them, hitting the firewall behind the turbo i think it was? Im looking at ordering one pretty soon so any extra input would be appreciated.

take the cat off the system a drop it a few times so the ceramic material inside breaks apart , then tip out the inners and replace the cat. you have a cat but not really if you know what i mean.

I know a few bike spots north of Brisbane they give your bike a colonoscopy with a flexible camera checking for this. I guess with time they will find a way to check a car exhaust somehow lol.

I know a few bike spots north of Brisbane they give your bike a colonoscopy with a flexible camera checking for this. I guess with time they will find a way to check a car exhaust somehow lol.
The smell is a dead giveaway...

I went with a cat anyway ,so ill have no worries about anything .
Thanks for the info . cheerio

Has anybody dealt with DEA Performance? Im looking at ordering one of there 3" turbo back exhaust with cat/muffler. For $620 its a really good price. I thought i read something in a forum a little while back and people were saying they were having trouble fitting them, hitting the firewall behind the turbo i think it was? Im looking at ordering one pretty soon so any extra input would be appreciated.

Yep, love mine.
GET A CATV AND MUFFLER though,
It runs a shiot tonne better

Put the new redback exhaust system on today ( with a lot of help from my two teen boys, love doin stuff with them while I can ) Sounds great and goes like a cut cat . AWEsooooome .

Just fit this on my 2012 Navara D40 2.5L, fit well, went with the full 3" system with cat and muffler, so volume is still kept fairly quite but big increase in flow compared to how tiny the factory cat and downpipe are.

I didn't have issues with it hitting the firewall at all, I did have to slightly file the bolt holes on the new down pipe to get it all to slide on nicely with the angles working it in. But otherwise everything fit nicely.

Latest posts

Back