New from NL

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITCars 4x4

Reaction score
Good morning everybody, we're a (mostly Suzuki) 4wd-selling company that trade mostly in the older types Suzuki Samurai, Vitara and Jimny.

For our own use and to pull the trailer for transporting cars, we've purchased a 2008 Navara automatic in a rare extended model (they've cut the chassis and added about 7 inches so now it's allowed to 5 persons due to goverment rules here). She has some work on it like bearings, brakes and small repairs but we like it very much so we've started making it really good and reliable again.

Here it's said the engine can have some trouble, don't know what part brakes down but I really want to learn on this forum everything about the car and its goods and bads. I'll add a pictures also.

Best regards, Tim (Koningsbosch, south of NL)

Attachments

• Navara.jpeg
    Navara.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum.

Treated well, you'll discover wear and tear are the most common items - the usual culprits (tyres, brakes etc).

Cars from 2008 were fairly solid. Timing chains were pretty good as long as you kept up with the oil changes. Items that did cause issues after some time were the SCVs on the fuel pump, the BCS, vacuum lines and the pesky viscous hub behind the fan (easily fixed with a screwdriver and a bottle of silicone oil).

I understand European fuel is better than the crap we get here in Australia so the SCV might never be a problem for you.

Latest posts

Back