New guy,new d40.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apolloxbgt

Reaction score
Hey Guys,nice forum.
I've just bought a 2010 d40 st manual,and so far it seems great.
I'm loving the power and constantly having to watch that I'm not speeding,lucky it has cruise I guess.

Before I bought I researched what else was in the price range,the only thing I liked the look of was the ranger xlt.I test drove the d40 then the ranger,and the ranger was like stepping back to the dark ages.These seem to be the best value twincab on the market atm.

I also have (not for much longer) a d21 pathfinder which has been a faithful little rig,heres hoping the d40's are as long lasting as the d21's.

I'll have to get onto that.
I'm a bit of a car head,mainly into Fords.
As mentioned I also have a wd21,and a 99 Triton 2wd twincab for work,a factory 302 xe fairmont ghia thats near the end of a restoration,and xd 351 4 speed esp that will be restored next,and a couple of xe utes,a couple of xb utes and.......well you get the picture.

I'm building about 3 cars atm,but even at 1000km old I'm thinking about mods for the D40.

I'm not inclined to take a brand new ute through the bush and scratch it up (soft i know,but if I wanted a bush basher I'd have bought a d22).So I'm thinking a billet grille,24's,chrome mirrors and door handles,roof racks and possibly lowering it,I haven't decided on that yet it's nice to have a car that rides well for a change after having so many slammed cars.

You sound like a mate of mine, 32 cars in varying stages of restoration in different garages around the state, ranging from a 68 fastback up to an XG ute and a new patrol and all sorts of crap in between.

Back