New Guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicwil

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm a new guy from Lake Macquarie area, I've got a 2009 D40 RX with a Aluminium tray conversion. The nav's used for work during the week buton weekend we use it to tow our van. I'd like to hear about all your good bush camping spots North from Newcastle - Great Forum Guys

Welcome aboard, Nicwil!

My wife and I have several spots we like to go to that aren't too far away.

McNamara Park, Broke - a very easy drive up towards Singleton and take the Golden Highway (Dubbo) turnoff. Follow that along to its end - Putty Road - turn left, and take the next left to Broke. The park is on the right hand side in the township itself - very hard to miss. Flushing toilets and town water are available. You can walk to the village store for supplies or a meal or a drink. The place is surrounded by vineyards.

Telegherry Forest Park - a very tranquil spot in the Chichester State Forest. From Dungog, head out towards Chichester Dam and just as you go through Bendolba, you'll see "Wangat Trig Road" heading up straight and the tar road heading off down to the left. Take the dirt, stay on it following the signs to "Frying Pan Creek" and just as you cross the only ford, duck in through the gateway on the right. Pit toilets, no fresh water.

Frying Pan Creek - a nice flat area, only spoilt by the riders of chook chasers that insist on a 7am start and a 10:30pm finish. It's a little further on the road taken to get to Telegherry. Pit toilets, no fresh water.

Coopernook Forest Park - another state forest area. Take the highway up to Coopernook and take the LAST road into town, then turn right and up over the railway. If you turn right, you can follow the road around and run straight into the camping area just past the forest HQ. Flushing toilets, don't trust the water. Sometimes used by long-termers, the first photo in my garage was taken at this location.

They're our favourites that aren't too far away.

Latest posts

Back