new here n can't decide on what navara to buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seen

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I currently own a little Sierra that's fairly modified with lockers and i do a little hardcore but i need something with more space n power i am wondering weather i should go for a v6 or deisal d22 i would have plans of a tough tourr

Welcome to the forum.
The thing about the V6 is at this point in time Companies like ARB are still working on a Bullbar.
Due to the position of the intercooler they are having trouble making sure there is enough airflow to it, so the bar will most likely end up with some sort of grill section. This will also mean that fitting a winch may prove very difficult if not a no go altogether.

The D22 is a great unit and will give you more room then the Zook, but it is smaller then the D40, so you might look at the ST D40 which is actually last years STX, both the ST D40 and the D22 run the YD2.5 motor. The D40 has an extra 40kw or there abouts of power wich is done by using a different head, turbo, and ECU.
Straight out of the box the D22 has more ground clearance and a slightly shorter wheel base
giving it better ramp over, approach and departure angles.
But if your looking for Max space and power the D40 is the winner there.
At the end of the day it will fully depend on what it is you want, as both ute are totally different beasts.

Sorry for the confusion umm i am only a fan of the d22 lol and when i said v6 i was meaning the petrol 3.3

Sorry for the confusion umm i am only a fan of the d22 lol and when i said v6 i was meaning the petrol 3.3

Ah i should of realised but as soon as someone mentions V6 know i think of the Diesel V6 hahaha confusion is my middle name!! hahahaha

Welcome dude.

The thing about the D22 is that it virtually has no room inside the cab. So unless you're short, have short friends/kids, the back seat becomes cramped real fast. This is also a problem when there's more than two of you and you've got a bit of gear that you want in the cab. A canopy helps, but they have their own limitations.

As for being a tough tourer - F*&k Yes. The D22 is as capable as anything in the class, indeed as capable as most other 4x4 - given that you can drive. I've been all sorts of places with mine no problems - as have many other folks on here. I'd suggest a 2" lift & a decent set of rubber as the only 'necessary mods' (if you get a ZD30 put an intercooler on it ASAP).

I know bugger all about the v6 - except that it'll use more fuel. Likewise I know very little about the YD2.5 apart from it being a reasonable motor with only a few minor niggles (do a search on here). The ZD30 is very reliable, given that it is serviced well.

Hope that helps!

Welcome dude.

The thing about the D22 is that it virtually has no room inside the cab. So unless you're short, have short friends/kids, the back seat becomes cramped real fast. This is also a problem when there's more than two of you and you've got a bit of gear that you want in the cab. A canopy helps, but they have their own limitations.

Cmon mate...It just aint THAT tiny.

i am short and i dont really care about other people in my car lol
how much fuel would a v6 use since i would be planing on lockers front n rear and 33s

Latest posts

Back