New HIDs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this might be dumbass q but are headlights universal?? i thought they had to make kits for different makes cars.... 0_0

This is a retro fit kit that is designed to fit cars using H4 headlights. So basically anything with the Hi and Lo in 1 globe. I have them fitted to my Nav and have had them for at least 18 months with no dramas till Tuesday when 1 of the globes didn't want to turn on, I ordered a spare globe on Tuesday night and the guy sent me 2 for the price of 1. This is where I got mine from http://offroadindustries.com.au/
I also had a HID on my motorbike for about 3 years but I took it off when the globe died and I had to have it working for a roady when I sold the bike and the cheapest option was to just go back to halogen.

as is said i love the kit not hassles - easy to fit (besides needing kids hands to get behind the 2 batteries) super bright clear lights.

i adjusted my headlights down a little bit the other night hopefully they dont annoy as many people now.

does anyone know if i wanted to swap to a lower brightness globe can i just purchase the globes and not a whole new kit?

cheers!

as is said i love the kit not hassles - easy to fit (besides needing kids hands to get behind the 2 batteries) super bright clear lights.

i adjusted my headlights down a little bit the other night hopefully they dont annoy as many people now.

does anyone know if i wanted to swap to a lower brightness globe can i just purchase the globes and not a whole new kit?

cheers!

if you mean going from a 55w globe to a 35w one, no you can't. you will also need new ballasts. the wiring looms are the same though. you can change colour temp though without new ballasts, ie from 6000k to 4300k. i have 35w 6000k globes in my headlights and 55w 6000k globes in the spotlights. the 55w ones are a hell of a lot brighter than the 35w ones, i personally think 55w is too bright for low beam headlights...

i had the 6000k in my headlights and they were amazing compared to the halogen! was worried about other drivers and was fine around the city untill i went down the coast on holidays on the highway and got highbeamed by every second car thinking i had my highbeams on (which i didnt)..had to take them out because it was so annoying even after i adjusted my headlights to tilt down

Latest posts

Back