New member from Forster/Tuncurry. I have a 2014 spanish navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Trev,

I looked in the other thread and answered about the reset, didn't know it was a fuel gauge issue.

Yours might be the electrical connectors on the tank. It would be a good idea to climb under (car on a hoist or on jack stands, not just a jack!) and disconnect the connections then just push them back into place.

At the age of our vehicles (mine's 5 years older, you can imagine I'm doing this too) the connections are starting to get a little oxidisation on them and becoming a little unreliable. They're easy to fix - just unplug and replug and they're all clean again.

G'day Tony. I fixed the fuel gauge problem by fiddling with the reset button on the gauge, still a learning process with electronics for me

That's one for me to (try to) remember. The newer cars with the calculation of distance remaining may need to have the calculator reset. Got it!

Thanks for coming back with the answer.

G'day Tony. I fixed the fuel gauge problem by fiddling with the reset button on the gauge, still a learning process with electronics for me
So Tricky Trev, how do you reset the fuel gauge? mine isn’t working after i had to drop the tank.

no amount of cleaning and wriggling helped, but after an hour or so of U-tubeing in the middle of the night i found the cure. I turned the ignition on, pushed and held the odometer knob in for 10 seconds, while still holding it in i turned the ignition off then a couple of seconds later turned the ignition back on and the fuel gauge was working. Magic.

no amount of cleaning and wriggling helped, but after an hour or so of U-tubeing in the middle of the night i found the cure. I turned the ignition on, pushed and held the odometer knob in for 10 seconds, while still holding it in i turned the ignition off then a couple of seconds later turned the ignition back on and the fuel gauge was working. Magic.
Glad to hear you got it sorted, good old u-tube eh

Latest posts

Back