New member intro

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportztragic

Reaction score
G'day all, I'm Brian. I have a 4mth old D40 ST auto, done about 21,000kms so far and love it. Pretty stock apart from alloy bullbar, tow bar, UHF.

i'm a sales rep and it's my company car (No, I don't work for Wella, Pantene or similiar :big_smile:). Hoping to bullshit the boss into paying for a 2" lift kit tho!

The ute has seen plenty of mud, gravel and sand around the farms in my area and aquited it's self well even on the standard road tyres altho the quicker i can wear them out and replace with some AT's (do plenty of bitumen km's too) the better.

Have only done one trip on a few tracks around Wood's point with the only real complaint being the obvious road tyres and lack of clearance through the river crossings and over the woopy-doo's. An extra ratio at the bottom of the auto would be handy on the desents too (new 7 speed should fix that tho!).

However at the end of the day I bought this ute for the space, comfort, power/towing capacity and the ability to handle mud and sand in flat country- for me it ticks every box.

Looking forward to reading the posts and have already got a chuckle out of the hairdresser's vs cavemen debait :big_smile: Got a mate with a brand new D22 ST-R who will obviously have to act as my recovery vehicle when we go bush, just hope he doesn't get too buggered stopping his vehicle, getting out locking the hubs in, getting back in, getting out unlocking the hubs, getting back in, changing gears etc :big_smile:

Anyway G'day and look forward to enjoying the forum!

Welcome, another D22 driver here.

Some people take the D22/D40 debate to heart but its a bit of fun.

Jeez you have done some km's in 4 months.

Dave.

Welcome Brain.

Nice first post, straight into the shit stirring. Put the recovery points on the back of your ute and don't let your mate drive ahead, you'll forever be dodging the bits that fall off his D22.

G'day mate and welcome.Krafty is right about putting recovery points on your vehicle because the D22's are forever dragging you lot out of the shit but atleast your hair drier will keep you warm while you are waiting to be extracted.lol

Notice Scotty only alluded to the recovery points and not the bits that fall off D22's which you need to avoid when following them.

Hi and welcome Brian, there's a reason one's called a D22 and the other is a D40 'cause 40 is almost twice what 22 is!

Thanks for the welcome fella's, I'll take all the advice on board!

The rain this weekend while good has stuffed up a planned camping trip to the grampians with the cheese and kisses and billy lids. Was looking forward to a bit of fishing, relaxing and having a look round. Haven't been down that way for about 15 years, but not too keen on 3 days in a saturated tent with 3 kids and a very angry otherhalf!

Latest posts

Back