Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andr3698

Reaction score
I am brand new to the forum and Navara's. The forum looks fantastic, with some really good advice and experience around. I Just ordered a brand new D22 ST-R (delivery in approx 2 weeks), and after reading some of the posts on the forum I am thinking about the following accessories.............let me know what any thoughts are (thanks in advance for any views provided). Vehicle will be largely a second car, for general use, camping, 4wd etc and would prefer to set-up correctly from the start.

The ST-R appeared to me to be a good solid vehicle, and good value after looking at all the other brands (Hilux, Triton, D-Max etc).

Nissan Snorkel - ordered (appears to be a reasonable unit)
Bullbar - think I will go with a colour-coded ARB steel bar (intend on doing a Cape trip in the next 12 months, and steel bar will allow for a winch down the track) Quote for ARB unit $1,746 (inc colour-code and install)

Towbar - did not like the big bulky Nissan rear-step bar. Think I will go with the replacement ARB steel step bar that seems to be a neater unit. Quote for ARB towbar $1,400 (inc colour-code and install)

Ute-liner - Nissan, other or nothing?

Tonneau - Nissan or other? (prefer a soft cover, as will be using the tray for mountain bikes, general use etc - hard cover appears to have some limitations)

Window tinting - not sure if this is required. Product from dealer seems expensive.

Rust-proofing - as per window tinting

Anything else I should consider?

welcome mate, re the tub liner, I would consider one of the spray on products. I currently have the nissan tub liner, it expands and contracts with temperature. If I had my time again, I'd go for a spray on type liner.

Welcome to the forums mate,nice list of mods planned.
As far as the snorkel goes i would have a read of this thread before letting nissan fit it.
Click on the link below.
http://www.navara.asia/d22-accessories/7785-nissans-inability-properly-seal-install-snorkel.html
Could save you a bit of trauma.
Good luck with the rest.
:cheers!:

Thanks - yes I had read that thread. I am sending an email to the dealer before they start to fit the snorkel to tell them to fit it properly (and I will check with the plastic bag test). If they don't fit it correctly, I won't be paying for the whole vehicle until they do (condition of purchase contract is that I inspect the vehicle to my satisfaction). Hopefully that should spur them on the fit the snorkle correctly from the start.......but we shall see.

welcome mate, re the tub liner, I would consider one of the spray on products. I currently have the nissan tub liner, it expands and contracts with temperature. If I had my time again, I'd go for a spray on type liner.

Thanks, I had not thought of that option. Any ideas of suppliers or costs involved? Will do some google searching in the Brisbane area.

Welcome aboard!

+1 on the rhino liner. I've got the plastic insert liner and while it's fantastic, I should have gone the rhino in the first place. I think they charge around the $600 mark. You could do it yourself with cans of spray-on urethane from Supercheap Auto if you were eager.

The Nissan snorkel (which is an Airtec with a Nissan logo on it) is close-fitting and looks neat but Nissan dealers don't seem to want to seal 'em up properly. I understand that TJM are the suppliers, and if you don't mind losing the Nissan logo, get them to do it and seal it for you.

When you get your bullbar, make sure you correct your ride height - the bar is heavy, and so's a winch if you're thinking of adding one.

You might consider having the second battery isolated by (say) a Redarc unit - that's if the D22s still come with 2 batteries like the 2009 models did. Means you aren't using the second battery for starting, and if you hook up accessories to the second battery instead, you'll always have a good starter battery available.

Window tinting helps, especially in the outback - doesn't have to be dark, but it does have to reduce UV by as much as possible.

Hope that helps!

False Start - take 2

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

A false start with the first dealer...grrr. Appears they did not have any in stock or ordered.........just kept stringing me along after paying he deposit. Order cancelled and purchased from a dealer that has one in stock (contract subject to delivery within 7 days). Called me today to say I can pick up on Friday........excited now.

Redarc dual battery isolator sounds like a good idea (by the way, the 2011 D'22's still come with dual batteries).

Told the dealer to fit the snorkel properly.....I will be testing before I hand over the cash.

I have enquired on the Rhino lining at Archerfield...$700 sounds like a good investment.

Old Tony - your comment on adjusting the ride height after fitting the bullbar. Is this an easy fix?

ARB are turning out to be difficult. Sorry, we don't have any rear step towbars in stock, and not sure when we will have them available......when we receive enough orders(????). But happy to sell you the bullbar!. Surely ARB should keep stock available at all times, or at least be able to provide an availability date.....don't want to winge, but just seems to be basic business sense to me.

Good luck with the Nav mate.

As for ARB. There wankers. I have never come across anyone who wants to help at ARB.

If ARB dont make it, its not worth it. Well thats there attitude.

The 2011 D22 probably still has torsion bars up front like the previous models. As far as I'm aware it's a twist to adjust 'em - might want to get ARB to do it, they do suspension too so they'd know how to adjust it.

Latest posts

Back