New Navara Launch this weekend.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbid-chop

Reaction score
I cant divulge too much info, but completely new generation Navara is being launched this weekend.
The biggest talking point im guessing is going to be the twin turbo 2.3 engine.

Lol, juju, ok. My brother in law is in charge of all the new vehicle launches at Nissan, and so I thought i better put the hush-hush on it a bit even though he's a cock-fag, but i never bothered to look into it myself.
Not a bad looking rig!
What he did say was that the ramp over and everything will be an improvement on the d40 (thats not too hard) and it has class leading aproach and departure angles.

I forget the engine specs - i suspect that was the bit he wanted me to keep quiet about but will be less than the outgoing v6 diesel, but with incredible low rpm torque and low fuel consumption.

I really really like em. I just bought the misses the brand new xtrail and inside is so nice heaps better than my d40. I wish i could trade and get this new one ���� but i spent to much on mine to part with it

i think the biggest talking point will be the choice of coil rear end.... oh wait were in Australia we probs wont get that option lol

Yer i will love to have a coil rear end most likely we wont get it we never get anything good down here lol

why why did they call it the NP300. thats what they call the UK D22 common rail.
they called it that due to the conrod through the block issue there 2.5 d22 had and wanted to get away from the name.
can't nissan head office get their naming right ?

coil spring rear end sounds really good for most utes that never really carry much load.

I hate how it looks.
im sure its perfectly good on road, just looks like a girls car now, not a work ute.

i don't mind the option of leaf/coil rear, but patrols have had this option forever. or 10-15 years, however you look at it.

I dislike the 2.3l im more of a fan of displacement. Would like to see the 3l v6 re-introduced into the range, or maybe a nice v8 turbo diesel (common nissan, ive been dreaming about this!)

ill stick to my d22 thankyou nissan.

I hate how it looks.
im sure its perfectly good on road, just looks like a girls car now, not a work ute.

i don't mind the option of leaf/coil rear, but patrols have had this option forever. or 10-15 years, however you look at it.

I dislike the 2.3l im more of a fan of displacement. Would like to see the 3l v6 re-introduced into the range, or maybe a nice v8 turbo diesel (common nissan, ive been dreaming about this!)

ill stick to my d22 thankyou nissan.

They are bringing out a 4.8l v8 in america. Good cummins motor.

i dunno.
the d21/22 is all about 4cyl engines.
the new model looks like its base model engine has more power than any D22 had.

the problem with bigger more powerfull engines is weight, driveline strength etc. beaf everything up and you have a patrol or titan.

i like it that they have gone smaller.
boss has already put the new ford ranger into the gate post because the body on that is a big bigger than the nissan. oops lol.

They have the same chassis as the d40 yea? So will still be a low model from factory �� wish they were a bit higher like the ranger

i read a while back they are actually a bit smaller, so half way between the 22-40
the coil rear end is only for the top spec model, and they will come with either a single turbo(120kw) or twin turbo(140kw) it think!

Hopefully they have a better timing chain setup in these new ones, especially if they are going to push out the same power as the current motors but at even smaller displacement...

Sorry ! I think its fugly , looks like a Sanng-yon and a Dmax had sex .:D
Ha Steve now that's funny, I am curious as to how the coil rear end will cope with a heavy ball weight, on the other forums I visit the discussion from some of the bigger van owners is they are very unsure to update or not. The better rampover and clearance is the best move Nissan could make.

Latest posts

Back