New Navara owner!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterx

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Paul, I live in Perth and I'm a photographer. I've just purchased a 2008 Nissan Navara D22 2.5L Turbo diesel. It's already fairly well kitted out, but I do intend to do some modifications to it. I'll be looking to:

- get rid of the tub liner and put in a draw system, possibly a fridge rail too, as it's got a canopy on it.
- lift it by an inch or 2.. we'll see how much the $$$ allow
- fit a winch on it
- possibly install a long-range tank, not sure on this one yet.
- upgrade the intercooler and maybe the turbo.. more for having a bit more grunt off-road than on it.

Anyway, I'll post some photos when I pick up the vehicle early next week :)

Regards

- paul

Welcome mate.

The intercooler upgrade isn't a bad idea.

Put some more fuel through it to with a chip.

Welcome to the forum!

A winch will need a decent mount and that might just be a steel bar - easy enough to get at TJM, ARB or directly through Nissan (it will probably be an ARB-made bar from Nissan). Consider a torsion bar adjustment or upgrade with that much weight up front.

I think a catch can will help as well. The intercooler fills with the oil that's released by the crankcase ventilation system and pumped through the turbocharger. If you can catch that before it enters the intercooler, the intercooler will remain more efficient.

Back