New Navara owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_noob

Reaction score
Quick hi, because i think i will be here a fair bit looking for answers. I picked up my Newused Navara today, Its the 08 model 2.5 CR ST-R. So far it goes well. BUT and there is always a but. I have been told to add a Bash plate at the front ASAP, because there prone to nose diving and ripping out radiators.

Also, i ma quite tall @ 6.3" and i find there is SFA leg room, my right leg is a bee's $%ick away from the steering wheel when driving, so i was wondering is it possible to either but say Pathfinder, Patorl seats or a longer Rail Set the seat can sit on?

Apart from that i look forward to adding some running gear on it for fishing and beach work.

Welcome NN.

I think you'll find a thread somewhere about Pathy seats not fitting in a D22, but I could be wrong, I know there was a thread about it try searching for something like "pathfinder seats"

As far as the bash plates go, they only dive when you want them to it's not a common fault even for D22' :smile:

Welcome to the forum.

Like the others, the only diving the D22 does is when you make it happen. Blindly entering bog holes, driving sideways off the Westgate Bridge ... the radiator is not in that much danger. That said - bash plates are a good idea anyway, protect the radiator and hoses from sticks and debris while you are off-roading.

There must be something about those seats that isn't right. I went for a ride in Scotty's D22, and both Scott and I are not short-asses yet we both fit in there just fine. Seat modifications are possible though, but I have never looked into replacing my seats.

+1 for the SFA leg room.Ive been sitting on inch thick hard foam and a folded towel so i can stretch my legs a tiny bit more as I feel im driving with my knees touching my ears otherwise. Will find a better seat or reupholster the original with some packing or something oneday

The dead radiator syndrome is a D40 issue.

R50 Pathfinder seats may fit.

R51 Pathfinder I very much doubt they will fit.

Thanks All, Much appreciated.

Another quick question, one i hope i can get answered tonight, I found a Bull Bar at the wreckers currently on a D22 02 model. (not a front end wreck) looks ok, needs a clean.

1. Will it fit the 08
2. Does it need special fitting for the Air Bags
3. If not is $350 an ok price to pay?

It looks like an ARB its not a nissan bull bar and has a bash plate under it

Thanks heaps all

RE Q1) I think '02 is spain build, and '08 might be Thai built, If I'm right the answer is no. Put up your VIN and somebody will tell you build location.
q2) no,
q3) does it have all fitting brackets? if so maybe.
There is a very light plate that comes with the bullbar, but the bash plate you want is further back to protect the sump.

RE Q1) I think '02 is spain build, and '08 might be Thai built, If I'm right the answer is no. Put up your VIN and somebody will tell you build location.
q2) no,
q3) does it have all fitting brackets? if so maybe.
There is a very light plate that comes with the bullbar, but the bash plate you want is further back to protect the sump.

Umm not sure about posting the VIN on the web, it could be used to make a dodgy plate or something criminal?? not sure cause im not an evil Genius. But i will make sure i get all the brackets and bolts of the wrecked Vara. And replace them cause they may have been stressed. The poor ole thing at the wreckers is folded in Half. Looks like it had something heavy dropped on the tray and just folded in as there is no front end damage so it wasn't rear ended.

Also, i ma quite tall @ 6.3" and i find there is SFA leg room, my right leg is a bee's $%ick away from the steering wheel when driving, so i was wondering is it possible to either but say Pathfinder, Patorl seats or a longer Rail Set the seat can sit on?

i'm almost your size and i fit ok. however i typically rest my knee on the door.
theres not a lot of room but thats expected in a vehicle of that size.

Latest posts

Back